GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck hasnt even left the lot yet, I think it has 4 miles on the clock.
Well here are a few pics of the new project at the dealer. This is for one of our customers.
He traded in his 2004 and wants the lift and some other goodies on his 2007.
I didnt get to do this job, the guy on the other side of the shop is doing it but I get asked plenty of ? since I have owned a few IFS lifted trucks.
Should be a nice truck when its done, can wait to see it burn some 35" rubber.
Sorry for the huge image size and poor quality, I only have a 2.0MP camera on my phone.
2007b3.jpg

2007b2.jpg

2007b1.jpg

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
How much Yall charge for lifting a new truck. ISnt it like 10k added to the sticker?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We can do a 6" lift on a new truck for usually under 6k.
Figure 2k for lift, 2-3k for tires and wheels, 1k labor.

This one is kind of a special project in that the guy had a lift on his other truck also pictured and wants it tranfered over. The front diff on a procomp lift has upper mount cut off so the front diff case half has to be swapped since the old truck is a 6.0 with 4.10s and the new is dmax with 3.73

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparently as soon as this truck is done friday night it is getting loaded on a trailer and heading to NY for some tvs and other stuff that lifted trucks dont need! My guess is that this one will never see mud or a heavy load.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
thats a ripoff, even though its under warranty. not worth spending 10 grand on an ifs setup

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
6k is a ripoff or 10k is a ripoff. I think 6k is very fair assuming you have techs working on your truck that know the exact ins and outs of the entire truck.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
6k is still alot of money, but considering if you have a prob yall BETTER fix it lol. It can be done cheaper but to people who want lifted trucks and dont have a clue they will get butt reamed and pay the money. No offense to GM technicians, but dealerships are a ripoff

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You may think that a dealer is a rip off but we just got a update on local hourly rates.
We charge $80 and hr
there are about 6 other garages/shops non dealers that are over our rate some at $100.
I know most people that want a lift are capable of doing it themself but if not. The only problems I have seen with lifts around here is hardware loosening up.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ill get some pics tomorow when the 07 is back on the ground with the lift complete!!

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
I understand where you are coming from. its like an offroad shop. You have to make money. I see things differently because I understand my truck and have did most of the modifications myself. But I want NICE pics of that Dmax....

·
Mike D
53 Posts
wow, we are so behind things here in western new york, the chevy dealer down the street from my house hasnt even gotten a new duramax yet, they just finally got a couple HD's with 6.0's last week so i finally got to see the new body style HD but still no dmax. not that im gonna buy one but i really want to test drive one and see what the LMM's all about

·
Chevrolet Owner
315 Posts
wow, we are so behind things here in western new york, the chevy dealer down the street from my house hasnt even gotten a new duramax yet, they just finally got a couple HD's with 6.0's last week so i finally got to see the new body style HD but still no dmax. not that im gonna buy one but i really want to test drive one and see what the LMM's all about
i think the one in the pic is a classic:read:

·
Chevrolet Owner
364 Posts
werd. where is it!! I'm just lining things up to lift my new Dmax

1 - 20 of 20 Posts