GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 GMC Yukon Denali with the factory HID headlights. A couple weeks ago I got in my car at night and the headlights would not come on. All running lights and everything else that should be on is working except the headlights. I turned off the car removing the key completely from the ignition and then restarted it several times and they eventually came back to life. This affects both low and high beam.

Well this has become a more frequent issue and restarting the car is no longer working.

I usually leave the headlight switch in auto but I tried moving it all the way to the right for the manual on position and that did not work either.

I know this does have the sensor on the dash but I figure that if that was the problem switching the headlights from auto to the on position would have made them turn on.

I have searched just about everywhere I can think of and have not found one single post or article on this problem. My mechanic is stumped since it never does it when I bring it in to him.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks. I was told by the guy I bought them from that they were factory. Guess he was full of __it.

Now I guess I need to figure out if it's my HID's that are crapping out or if it is my BCM that is not supplying ground or something to turn them on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts