GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the new GMC but they are way too low for a 4x4. Even a leveling kit barley will leave room for 285 tires according to whoever you get one from. I would like BFG at tires, 305/55r20 (33.4x12) or 350/65r18 (33.8x12) with a leveling kit. I have seen the new rancho leveling coilover or donahoe coilover($1200) but for a little extra I could just get a complete lift kit.

I like the Ranch lift or the CST for the new trucks but want to see if CST will offer upgraded shocks and deavers for the rear. The CST is the only kit that doesn't have issues with the stabilitrack and doesn't widen the factory track width.

Anyone with the new bodystyle and a lift or coil spacers out there. Have you lost a lot of milage with a lift?

I am ordering a new 07 GMC with the 6.0 vmax but not sure what all the options for getting some real tires on it. I wish GM would make their trucks with some larger wheel wells like Ford and Dodge. Atleast they can fit 35" tires with just a leveling kit.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I ran the skyjacker leveling kit, and could have easily fit 285s or 305's on my truck. I also put the 7" fabtech kit on mine and im pretty sure i can fit 37's with very little to no trimming. As far as gas mileage goes, the lift has nothing to do with it, it is the larger tires you put on that affects the mileage. I'm still getting around 15mpg in the city with mine.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your truck looks awseome its exactly the same that I am getting. Do you have pics with just the leveling kit?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't believe you get 15mpg with 35" tires thats better than my 05 with 33" tires. How is your mpg on the highway?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Disregard my original post.

I only get 14mpg city with the 4.8, 2wd, and 265's.

·
JetBlue
2,306 Posts
His speedo would be showing less miles/rev, not more. The new tires have a larger diameter than the old, thus travelling further - he may be getting better than 15mpg.

-bZj

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
My computer says 14, so im figuring im getting better than that because my speedo is showing less miles per gallon than than what im really traveling. so its probably a little better than 15. Im waiting on cam install, gears and torque conver before i tune it. The active fuel management on these trucks really help, when im on the highway about 55 its only running on 4 cylinders. As soon as i hit the gas i feel the other 4 kick in. Pretty cool

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I put 285 tires on my 05 the milage dropped until i got the speedo recalibrated and now I am at about 14 city with 4.10 gears.

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
just a fyi... donahoe is going to start making coilovers specifically for the new truck platforms very soon.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are already out and they are almost as much ($1200)as getting a lift kit. I was going to wait by the end of the year there will be a ton of aftermarket stuff for the new body style. I like the Bilstein adjustable shock that reuses the factory spring and gets 2.5 " of lift.
http://www.bilstein.com/offroad.php#5100pre

·
Registered
489 Posts
Here is a pic I got from another forum that has a 4" CST spindle lift on it. The tire size is a 295/70/17 on 17x8.5" wheels. The wheels have a 5" backspacing. I know it is a 2WD, but they said that the 2WD & 4WD sit about the same height on the new body style. At least this gives you an idea of what a smaller lift will look like on the NNBS trucks.

new07lift4inchhv8.gif

4inchcstnew07bp4.gif

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the CST lift because its the only one the doesn't increase the track width and doesn't have issues with stabilitrak like the rancho does. I talked to performance lifts who sells the CST and unlike the 99-06 CST lift the new one doesn't offer an upgraded coil over like the FOX shocks on the old ones. It uses a spacer with the stock strut. It also uses blocks instead of deaver springs in back. It a 4in lift so they say it fits any 33" tire and 35s can fit with the right backspace and some trimming. I always like the stuffed look. The smallest amount of lift with a big tire like the baja truck style somewhat.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
The CST spindles do increase the track width... Unless you're talking about their 4wd lift.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its on their website and the tech guy said as long as you have 5-5.5 in of backspacing it isn't increased for the 07 trucks. There is no need for cv spacers like all other kits.

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
Here is a pic I got from another forum that has a 4" CST spindle lift on it. The tire size is a 295/70/17 on 17x8.5" wheels. The wheels have a 5" backspacing. I know it is a 2WD, but they said that the 2WD & 4WD sit about the same height on the new body style. At least this gives you an idea of what a smaller lift will look like on the NNBS trucks.

new07lift4inchhv8.gif

4inchcstnew07bp4.gif
sexiest wheels ever! also fucking heavy as shit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts