GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just had new TPMS sensors installed in my truck. The shop had to program them with their scan tool because my relearn function on my dash won't work. They tried to enter the relearn process through my keyfob and it wouldn't work either.

I just tried to enter the relearn for both the TPMS and my keyfob through the dash and neither will do anything after I hit the checkmark button.

Are there any other steps I can try?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
On my LTZ the relearn disappeared when I swapped rims and tires. Still was able to hold the locks and put it in relearn mode like lower end model, then used an air chunk to relearn. After that the setting reappear and it will relearn the tire after rotations now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The keyfob isn't working for the truck, which is why they had to try through the dash sequence. I have thought about getting new keyfobs, since neither of mine work. But if I can't program them myself it's kind of pointless.

·
Registered
2013 GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab
32 Posts
It seems that us GMC guys don’t have the key fob learn menu built in to our DICs like the Chevys do. My truck only had one fob when I purchased it used. I just found a Doorman key fob that comes with a programmer that plugs into the obdII port to put my truck into a learn mode. I wonder if that would work for your truck?

·
Registered
2013 GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab
32 Posts
Sorry, I didn’t realize that this thread was 6 mos old- I’m not sure how I ran across it!?!?!?
I’m sure that you’ve figured out your problem by now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts