GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kit was supposed to be a 7" kit...i started measure some things and here's what i found out...from what it looks like...its really 8" then i got the strut spacers too. The drop crossmembers lower the control arm 8" and the strut extensions lengthened the struts by 8". no wonder why i cant get my truck level with 6" blocks and add a leaves. here are some pics...what do you think is going on?

crossmember

strut extensions, these arent the spacers...they are all the way on top of the strut.

·
Bigger, Longer, and UnCut
987 Posts
Your truck looks bad ass, I would get some replacement leafs instead of just add a leafs. Hard part is knowing exactly what to look for, but I bet if you know hat measurements your leafs are stock you can figure it out. Good Luck. - G

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Yep, definetly 8" of lift. It's probably similar to Rancho advertising their 6" kit as a 4-6" lift. It's a true 6" lift, but many mistake it for only a 4" lift. They call it a 4-6" lift because the front differential is only dropped 4.5" and I've heard they call it a 4-6" lift for insurance and liability reasons.

Yours is a true 8" kit, but I doubt your front differential is dropped the full 8". It's probably only dropped like 6" or 7". This is probably why they advertise it as a 7" lift, when in reality it should be advertised as a 6-8" lift or just as an 8" lift, period.

When you get a chance, measure how far your front differential is dropped down. I'm pretty curious. Also, did the kit require a new front driveshaft? I'm assuming you have auto-trac.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
well it seems your lca's are dropped 8", but struts about 6.5" from pics, so its like riding on a decranked kit, but you have spacers, so you are close to 8'

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have autotrac and i didnt have to replace my driveshaft.
The lower dif is dropped about 7" the struts are lenghtened a full 8" from where they were...they had tab mounts on them that sat flush with the LCA...its a different setup now...thats why it looks like 6.5" It's a full 8" and with the strut spacers im guessing around 10".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts