GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I'm looking for a tuner to get a tune and disable DOD/AFM.
which one is the best one for this year truck?
Also how can I find out which model engine, I know it is 5.3 v8 but which code same goes for trans, front rear differential and Transfer case
Thanks

·
Registered
2,825 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
It is pretty easy to delete just AFM in the tune. Youtube it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used a bully dog tuner to turn mine off after I put in the afm delete kit. it worked just fine for the afm delete but I was far from impressed with the rest of the functions of the tuner, I could read and clear codes and do tire/gearing offset for speedo calibration too, but I was just expecting a whole lot more capabilities being that it was like 3 or 4 hundred bucks if I remember

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I used a bully dog tuner to turn mine off after I put in the afm delete kit. it worked just fine for the afm delete but I was far from impressed with the rest of the functions of the tuner, I could read and clear codes and do tire/gearing offset for speedo calibration too, but I was just expecting a whole lot more capabilities being that it was like 3 or 4 hundred bucks if I remember
There marketed for “in the seat power”. “On the fly power”. “Big screen means it goes fast”.

All they ever do is zero torque management and up the living hell out of the up shift pressure. I played around with a lot, all garbage. But the EDGE was only one that actually raises WOT RPMs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would just save your money and get a custom tune. I personally have a superchips dashpaq and it does little to nothing for my car. A custom tune will definitely make it worthwile. BlackBear tuning is your best bet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts