GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father has a 2008 2500hd with the 6.0 4:10 gears no mods. He is hooked to a trailer everyday ranging from a ton to 4. It has good power for pullin but when a goes down hill it wont hold back trailer or no trailer. he tried the tow/haul on and even when he puts it in 1st it still takes off. took it to dealer they said thats gm fuel economy. dealer said there is a after market programer/chip that will help defuel it for hold back and wont hurt performance. Any ideas

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
wut

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
:think:

·
Registered
48 Posts
My father has a 2008 2500hd with the 6.0 4:10 gears no mods. He is hooked to a trailer everyday ranging from a ton to 4. It has good power for pullin but when a goes down hill it wont hold back trailer or no trailer. he tried the tow/haul on and even when he puts it in 1st it still takes off. took it to dealer they said thats gm fuel economy. dealer said there is a after market programer/chip that will help defuel it for hold back and wont hurt performance. Any ideas
"My truck has no engine braking. The dealer told me to piss off. What should I do?"

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
The new cummins come with factory jake brakes...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the dealer said they called gm and that it will feed a certain amount of gas all the time hense when going down a hill it takes off no matter what gear its in. they said thats how they get the fuel economy advertised. dont make sense to me, but gm not the dealer said there is aftermarket programer that will shut the fuel down to check at a offroad store

have trailer brakes but in the hills of western md 7 to 8% you will go through brakes pretty quick. have the same truck only a 06 and pulling same load i dont use the brakes near as much

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
LOL!!!!!!!!! :rofl2:

·
4,725 Posts
pm samcarroll, he's the resident tech expert.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Move the gear selector to a lower gear and/or USE YOUR BRAKES
not practical. tow 10k+ lbs in the mountains on 2-3 mile 8%+ grades and you will thank yourself for having working compression braking. been there, done that, it would hold the load at 50-55 mph the whole time. why kill your brakes and heat them to the point where they fade if not necessary?

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's why i wish Gm would have put the allison trans in the 6.0 trucks. It really helps hold the truck back when going downhill. But it only comes in the duramax. I don't know how hard it would be to swap trannies but it has been something i have been considering.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
That's why i wish Gm would have put the allison trans in the 6.0 trucks. It really helps hold the truck back when going downhill. But it only comes in the duramax. I don't know how hard it would be to swap trannies but it has been something i have been considering.
um no. i have one and surely dont have a diesel motor.:big_banana_Dance:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts