GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am from northern california (Sacramento area) and my truck was stolen late sunday night 06/07/09 and need some help finding it possibly. I know there are alot of members from where im located and just wondering if anyone has any clues. I loved my truck and now my insurance company doesnt want to cover the after market parts... CRAP!!! They broke into my 08 Tahoe, stole my baby carseat and stroller and found my keys i left in the center console for my truck, I KNOW I AM AN IDIOT... hahaha, Well here are some pictures of the truck...

2-18-09002.jpg

2-18-09003.jpg

2-18-09008.jpg

2-18-09009.jpg

2-18-09010.jpg

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya i lost about $50,000+ so i need a little help, to whom ever will see it, i think you would do the same.

·
277 Posts
I hate to say it but, I think someone knew that you keep your keys in the console. Sorry to hear about that. It's a sickening feeling. I've had a vehicle stolen from me also!! I hope they find it...
Take care,
Matt

·
Registered
102 Posts
Damn well get all the receipts together for the work. You had full coverage they should cover that stuff. That is a hard truck to miss but if the person is smart they already chopped shopped it and you might see parts on ebay soon. They would have to be retarded to drive it around and also finger printing works.

Onstar can track the truck too if they didnt unhook it.

·
35's > MPG
460 Posts
i always wonder about shit like this...especially since i want a new tailgate for my 05 and miraculously some random guy on craigslist comes across 2 "extra". I want a good deal but i can't help but wonder if they were indeed stolen. :nono: I would be pouring over craigslist like a fucking madman if i were you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ya cat convertors and tailgates and taillights are commonly stolen. I have never run across something like that tho. Chop shops are amazing tho. They are wicked efficient and if that is where it went it is probably already COMPLETELY torn apart. My cousins friend is from ohio and when we were down there on vacation they JUST busted a chop shop and finished investigation so we were allowed to check it out (it was 2 miles from his house so we decided to). They had a list of vehicles between about 20 mexicans and a few black guys they had a list of about 100 vehicles of all makes and models that they had stolen over the course of less than a month they guessed cause the first vehicle on the listen was stolen about a month from the bust. They then had a book with pictures VINs addresses EVERYTHING u wanted to know about the truck. The funniest thing was they had a working camera that they used to make sure they didnt get robbed haha so that had ALL the evidence the cops needed and they mostly worked at night I didn't see the video but the guy said they would do about 3-5 vehicles a night and they had a very organized system. Not sure where the stuff gets sold but I wouldn't doubt cheap auto body shops cashed in on that stuff.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
OMFG!? Those bastards!:biggun::biggun::biggun:

I'm sorry dude, I'll make sure and keep and extra eye open just in case. That really sucks! But as mentioned before I'm pretty sure onstar can find it fairly quickly as long as you have a case # w/the police....!?

·
Registered
102 Posts
ya I really hope you have contacted onstar. That is by far the simplest way to get it also maybe something about your radio will that send a signal. the keys are marked for the truck. Technology is smart these days I wonder if they could some how pick up the tire sensors or the key or the remote I know it would have to be a close distance thing. But PLEASE contact onstar ASAP.

·
Asian as fuck!
3,863 Posts
whoa, I'm sorry to hear about that. I'll definately keep an eye out, Sam told me about this earlier today.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for your support, I am going to call onstar again tomorrow, but so far 10 phone calls and no help. Thanks again guys, any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That sucks dude! hope you and her are reunited or at least they find the guys who took it. I would also check ebay and craigslist.

·
Registered
481 Posts
damn people down here leave their trucks unlocked and keys in the ignition and its fine ive even done it from time to time

·
Registered
102 Posts
dude i wouldnt stop for nothing when it come to onstar they are your BESTTTTT BET.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I'd say get a private investigator to get onstar to give him the info...more of a chance that they'll give it to em. Or keep trying, this really sucks dude I couldn't imagine my truck gone like that I'm just speechless....Hope you find her soon!

·
Registered
102 Posts
any luck

1 - 20 of 39 Posts