GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 GMC Sierra WT. It currently has an AM/FM/AUX/CD radio. I'm waiting on a new double din Pioneer to come in. I plan on adding a backup camera. Seeing how I have to replace my tailgate anyways, I thought about just getting a 2010ish unit with the factory camera in it. Is this doable? If so, what is needed? Just the tailgate & the wire from the tailgate to the front? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Amazon sells the the tailgate handle with the built in camera and wiring just hook it up to your double din.
Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Rear View Camera Backup Tailgate Handle Camera for Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Years 2007-2013,Tailgate Door Handle Replacement Camera(Color: Black) Amazon.com: Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Rear View Camera Backup Tailgate Handle Camera for Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Years 2007-2013,Tailgate Door Handle Replacement Camera(Color: Black): ecoconut

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. while that is a great option for those that don't need a tailgate, I need to replace my tailgate also. around here: a non-locking, non-camera tailgate is $4-500. adding that amazon camera bezel for $70 plus the lock for $50, makes that tailgate now $520-620. while a factory loaded tailgate w/ a camera is $425-525 plus $10 to get it rekeyed. So going the factory route is the cheaper route for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts