GMC Truck Forum banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #101 (Edited)
That Dynavin unit took a shit so they sent me out a new one. Walt at ADC and Jeff at dynavin got me hooked up and sent me out a brand new unit... great guys. This one works flawlessly.

Also rewired my amp and subs to 4 gauge + dynomat the rear wall and floor but didn't take any pictures

I also resprayed the grill bracket and some other brackets black because it was looking faded and grey

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
I finally replaced the drivers side valve cover that was known to cause oil consumption issues. It still burns a little bit here and there.. so were going to see if this helps. Replaced the gaskets also since they were leaky

While I was in there I did some painting. Got rid of the black valve covers/red coil rails and repainted the covers + coils VHT Burnt Copper. I have a friend who used this on his 454 and it turned out great.. thought I would give it a try.

Pic dump

Overall I like it way more than the red. I was originally going to powder them this color but I was too lazy to order powder and I wasn't driving to work today to powder them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Case is apart and painted, internals are out as well.

I didn't really expect to dig this deep into it.. but the further I looked the more I realized moisture gotten into it. So it will be getting a full rebuild and HD2

I also think I forgot to mention why I even got the 80e in the first place..

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,813 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
This is my plan, I'm open to recommendations since this will be my first turbo build/trans build. I have built a few 5.3's before, so not worried about that

Also this will be spread throughout the next few months considering I am in no rush to get this done, rather take my time

Motor will be coming out. Will be getting a once over.. cam bearings, mains, rings gapped, all the necessitates. not sure on heads yet.. will probably keep my 243's.

Kb hotside, custom cold side, VS next gen 7875 t4 1.25, 3" ic, 44mm wastegate, 50mm bov. Essentially a denmah kit. Would rather fab everything minus the hotside myself because I enjoy that kinda work, considering I am a machinist and know how to weld decent lol. Also can save some cash

4l80e with a oe rebuild and possibly a HD2.. haven't decided yet. "dirt track racer's" crossmember. everything braided an in terms of coolant lines

plus some other odds and ends I've looked into.. snailfab coolant tank w/ catch can, 4.10s, trutrac. I could go on

Like I said this will be a "slow" build. I have already started ordering parts but probably wont start actually tearing stuff apart until spring sometime..

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
I installed these cool things that make the back of the truck go up when I put air in them, and make a cool woosh sound when I let the air out.

It's IHC's kit linked into airlifts wireless one. works awesome and now I can tow the boat and trailer without sagging

And yes I did repaint my drums after the picture was taken

·
Premium Member
Solid axle '01 Tahoe/'03 Sierra/'18 Silverado
362 Posts
I love the wireless kits. Beats the heck out of running lines into the cab.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts