GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve owned this truck since 2012 and have always wanted to lift it. I just never got around to it. I tossed up several different set ups and finally decided on the look I wanted.
I went with the 6” Fabtech (nets 8”) 1.25 BL, 20x10 Ultra Predators and 37x12.50r20 Toyo Muds. I did minor trimming and currently do not rub at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,396 Posts
Looks sweet, dude!!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Reactions: heysoos

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,972 Posts
Looks awesome

·
Registered
407 Posts
I’ve owned this truck since 2012 and have always wanted to lift it. I just never got around to it. I tossed up several different set ups and finally decided on the look I wanted.
I went with the 6” Fabtech (nets 8”) 1.25 BL, 20x10 Ultra Predators and 37x12.50r20 Toyo Muds. I did minor trimming and currently do not rub at all.

Hell yeah..! :boobs

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Makes me feel old to call this a classic look. But I dig it a lot. Those are Predator IIs right?

Reactions: heysoos

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the compliments. Yeah I feel like part of the old crowd around here too.

Yes predator 2s I’ve always liked them. Quality seems “meh”, they were on sale and pretty cheap comparatively so we’ll see how they hold up.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks! It was exactly the proportion I was going for. My OEM lights are getting a little worn, any good quality clear headlights out there?

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So far I’m loving the set up and I knew I’d suffer gas mileage and turning radius. I didn’t know the turning radius would be THIS bad. Is there anything I can do to help correct this? It’s awful.

·
Registered
596 Posts
So far I’m loving the set up and I knew I’d suffer gas mileage and turning radius. I didn’t know the turning radius would be THIS bad. Is there anything I can do to help correct this? It’s awful.

Long story short: no

Gears and a tune with bolt ons will bring some power and MPG back, but forget about turning radius.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have 456s and a tune already. Do any lifts offer better turning radius?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
The only way you'd be able to keep stock like turning radius is with a full drop lift that uses your stock knuckles. Not a knuckle lift that pushes your track width out. And I am not sure if anyone makes a full drop lift in 8"+? Maybe FTS...

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah FTS has their full drop 10” kit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts