GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would 2010-11 camaro 20" wheels fit on my 96 2wd two door Tahoe,with a planned 4/5.5 drop. Is the lug pattern right,back spacing ect ect. Thanks

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
Tahoe is six lug I think camaro is five.
If this was a 4x4 you would be correct.

2wd is 5x127 bolt pattern
new cameros are 5x120 bolt.

So it is still a no regardless.
Plus I wouldn't run car rims on a truck. They aren't rated for the weight.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok,thanks.I wasn't sure of the bolt pattern size.I'm New to this truck and trying to lern.I have seen many of the same Tahoes with IROC wheels so i thought it might work.

·
Registered
768 Posts
You would need adapters to make it work. Some people machine the lug holes and use steel inserts, but I wouldn't do that. If you are worried about the weight, just have your tahoe weighed and see if it compares to a camaro.

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
You would need adapters to make it work. Some people machine the lug holes and use steel inserts, but I wouldn't do that. If you are worried about the weight, just have your tahoe weighed and see if it compares to a camaro.
Not talking weight of the wheel... Weight of a tahoe compared to a camaro...lol

·
Registered
443 Posts
I think the weight of the truck compared to the camaro is what he's talking about, the camaro's arent the lightest but the tahoe still should have some lbs on the camaro

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
96 2door 2wd tahoe curb weight: 4731lbs
2010 Camero curb weight: 3769lbs

·
Registered
768 Posts
Not talking weight of the wheel... Weight of a tahoe compared to a camaro...lol
I don't know where I said anything about weight of the wheel. The issue is the weight of the vehicle. Tahoe 2 door is 4731 according to kindred, and camaros GVWR is less, so no go.

·
Premium Member
Solid axle '01 Tahoe/'03 Sierra/'18 Silverado
374 Posts
21 camaro wheels
Welcome to the site.

Normally i'd come swooping in to point out to the new guy that he's posted in a 10 year old thread.

But i think for a gmt400 it looks alright, so instead I'll say:

Glad to have you on. I'm curious about it. Hop over to the "introductions" page and post up some more pics of it. I'll keep an eye out for it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts