GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a 2010 that is wrecked tomorrow had a dead cylinder in the v6 what do I need to swap it to a 5.3 anything helps

·
Registered
256 Posts
ECM and wiring harness from a V8 and a tune. That's all I know about NNBS

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did this swap and as far as everything to make it start and run you need Engine(Obviously), v8 Harness, v8 Transmission crossmember bc the mount on v6 will not let the v8 mounts sit on the chasis mounts, v8 Torque converter ( v6 converter will not bolt up to v8 flywheel. I learned the hard way..) lol and driveshaft from the v8 as well bc when u change the crossmember it is going to bring Transmission further towards back of truck ..

Also ur pcm needs to be reflashed with v8 file .. I used
Nelson's performance in San Antonio... u ship it to them they reflash it and turn off dod/after and tune it on 93 octane so it will have most potential... but it is preference.. .and wit everything it was lil over 300 . . But I have heard the engine start and run with v8

Oh and after u get the engine running after hooking everything up and it starts it needs a crankshaft relearn procedure done which u need a scan tool that has feature available...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts