GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 gmc sierra with the 5.3 v8. The motor is all stock and I was just thinking about putting a supercharger on it, a magnuson tvs 1900 to be exact. I was just wondering if my stock internals can take the 6 psi of boost that the supercharger puts out. The engine only has 56,xxx mi on it. Thanks!

Ps. Sorry if this has been brought up before lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or would I be better off going with a cam and custom tune? And if so which cam is best for low end torque?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
all depends on you budget. i would think yes 6psi would be fine. the bottom end is goot for 1000 ish. if it was me id do a cam and spring swap with push rods for a peice of mind and it will help your truck preform alot better if you swap out the stocker for a boost friendly cam.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which cam and all that would you look into? Are there any I can use and keep the stock converter.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
could have some one like pat G spec you a cam or run something like the triple isky cam. there are alot of boost cams out there forsure. alot depends when and how you want the power. as mentioned above you should be fine 6-8ish psi no issues i would think.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts