GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was ordering a Corsa exhaust for my 2010 Crew Cab and wondering how much a Volant intake would compliment adding the exhaust? I have searched on here and havent found much? I may do the exhaust first and then the intake so I can see the difference but wondering with my truck already getting 19-20 mpg on the highway is there any realistic chance of improving that?

Also the cheapest I found the Corsa exhaust was at autoanything for 720 shipped after 15% off coupon I found, anybody else out there have it for less shipped?

·
Registered
777 Posts
Personal thoughts - spend money on a tune and leave the volant at the store - yes I have it and have on all my truck but overall it provide very little not enough to saving to pay for itself. Same goes for expensive exhaust

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I choose Corsa because the no drone while cruising. I have always been a fan of exhaust kits because unlike exhaust shops you dont know what your gonna get with a shop, I have always preferred the factory kits over shops.

·
Registered
184 Posts
As said, save your money on the intake and get a custom tune. Like you, I started with just the exhaust, then I added my intake and the only difference I could tell was a little better throttle response. The custom tune was the only mod I did that I feel the truck actually gained real performance from.

Also, I ordered my exhaust from autoanything as well as they had the best price I could find.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well due to warranty and I only have 10k on my truck im going to wait awhile on the tune but just looking to at least add the exhaust for the sound.

I wanted Corsa because on my buddies 09 and his magnaflows when it dropped to 4 cylinder it sounded horrible and then the drone at 75 did get annoying to me so im only looking an exhaust I really hear when I get on it and quiet when im on the highway.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Alot of people will tell you that it is way too much for an exhaust, but I have been very pleased with my Corsa and feel that is was worth the price. Once you see the quality of the components in the kit you will see what I am talking about.

My truck does not have 4 cylinder mode so I can't comment on that, but most of the time when cruising it is almost silent. The only time I get any drone is when I am going up a slight incline and the engine loads up a little bit while the trans is in overdrive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts