GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://www.gmfleet.com/pdf/GM_Fleet_and_Co...uide_-_2010.pdf

3 new colors (Laser Blue Metallic, Taupe Gray Metallic, & Sheer Silver Metallic)

Anyone have any early pics of vehicles in the Taupe or Sheer Silver??? I kinda like the Taupe Gray is this a goldish color?

New for 2010
Head Curtain Side Impact airbags std all models
Stabillitrak std all models
Max trailer pkg available with 6.2
Single Zone manual air cond. standard on Reg cab models
USB included with all audio systems
No 6.0 and all V-8s Flexfuel

·
Registered
48 Posts
They list the avalanche making 16 more hp and 25 more hp on E85.. is that new or do current models make more power on e85 too?:think:

No more extended cab 5'8" box trucks either from the look of it.. Glad I got mine!

·
Chevrolet Owner
315 Posts
They list the avalanche making 16 more hp and 25 more hp on E85.. is that new or do current models make more power on e85 too?:think:

No more extended cab 5'8" box trucks either from the look of it.. Glad I got mine!
the value of our trucks just went up. YAY!

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
I really want to drive a new colorado with the 5.3 in them. Put a couple of things under the hood and hot damn you will roast some tires:imo

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
Word on that blue, that is a nice color. I too had heard the 6.2s are pretty nasty.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Is that the ethanol?If so I seriously doubt it.When I was stuck using ethanol mixed gas for a couple months my avg went from 17 down to 11-12mpg.I went from 380-390 miles to a tank down to around 220-230.Also felt like I lost 40 or 50hp.All the while saving 10 fucking cents a gallon.

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,237 Posts
Is that the ethanol?If so I seriously doubt it.When I was stuck using ethanol mixed gas for a couple months my avg went from 17 down to 11-12mpg.I went from 380-390 miles to a tank down to around 220-230.Also felt like I lost 40 or 50hp.All the while saving 10 fucking cents a gallon.

The GM numbers are correct. If I'm not mistaken, all of their lineup does better in the HP/TQ department when running E85. You may be thinking of E10 or E15. E85 is a whole 'nother matter altogether.

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,237 Posts
I really want to drive a new colorado with the 5.3 in them. Put a couple of things under the hood and hot damn you will roast some tires:imo

I'd roll one..............if they weren't charging 27K for a freaking Colorado with a V8 :lol:

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
No 6L80E talk I see. That's cool, the grey colors seem nice.

Yes E85 is a JOKE. I ran it once recently, terrible MPG and terrible HP. The only reason the E85 programs are still around is because the government is subsidizing them.

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,237 Posts
No 6L80E talk I see. That's cool, the grey colors seem nice.

Yes E85 is a JOKE. I ran it once recently, terrible MPG and terrible HP. The only reason the E85 programs are still around is because the government is subsidizing them.
:think: I ran the stuff in my OBS with a tune for nearly a year, and only saw MAYBE 100 miles less per tank, but I was filling up twice a week on either the or gas.

·
Registered
65 Posts
E85 does produce more HP/TQ, it is like it is a higher octane then 93. Hence the reason some super car manufacturers are getting even more insane HP out of their cars (IE Koenigsegg going from 8XX to 10XX with the switch to E85 as well as tunning and a few other modifications to support it). Like others have stated though your mileage drops by about 25% I think it was.

Tyler

1 - 20 of 49 Posts