GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im posting what I have found to help anyone else looking into this swap. I know there is a 07+ part numbers thread but I thought it would be helpful to have a thread just for this swap for easy reference. I have not ordered these parts but I got the VIN # off a 2011 HD and had a buddy at the dealership look up these for me! Heres what I got:

Hood info

-Hood- 20952912

-Hood trim molding (Grille piece)- 20963700

-Plastic molding (cowling piece that says Allison or Duramax or whatever)- (Left side) 20927551 (Right side) 20927552

-Vortec emblem (to go on the plastic molding) - 25886641 will need 2 of these. 1 for each side.

-Grille- 20966058

-Bowtie - 25886735

-Hood insulator (Under hood pad) 25925254

-HD grill painted white part # 22842237

Bumper info

-Top cap 25883355
-Bumper "bar" without foglight holes - 25832522
-Bumper "bar" with foglight holes - 25883349
-Fog buckets - 25883360 (Left side) 25883361 (Right side)
-Valance - 25883354
-Chin/extension - 20845670
-Outer brackets - 25883350 (Left side) 25883351 (Right side)
-Outer reinforcement - 25883348 (Left side) 25883347 (Right side)
-Center reinforcement - 25996794
-Fog Lamps - (Left side) 25883245 and (Right side) 25883246
-Inner fender liner passenger side 20782780
-Inner fender liner driver side 20782779
-HD paintable Hood molding # 22765886
-HD paintable bumper pad # 22765739

this does not reflect any brackets/nuts/bolts or clips. i feel the ones from the 1500 would work as well. I do know the actual brackets attaching it to the truck is the same.

For quick reference:

Link to http://gmpartsonline.net/

Link to http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

Heres a picture for motivation!

DSC02051.jpg

HOW TO MOUNT 2011 HD FRONT BUMPER
Ok, so ill try to explain what I did the best I can. Im posting a picture at the bottom for reference because I didnt take pictures.
-I used the factory 1500 brackets. I cut the back of the bracket from the center to the outside of the truck. (The side that bolts to the bumper, from the center towards the tire if that makes sense.)
-Then part number 7 in the diagram (inner bracket), I unbolted and raised it 1''. I used part number 6 (anchor plate) as the templet and drilled TWO new holes, I didnt use the top hole. After I used part number 6 as a templet I cut a top portion off so it would fit back into place. (when you raise it up an inch, part number 6 is too tall to fit back into place so you have to cut some of the top off, I cut the top hole off when I did this)
-I put the mounting brackets on the truck and just put the bolts finger tight. Then with part numbers 6 and 7 relocated and cut I put them back on the bumper and put the bumper on the truck. You may have to wallow out some of the holes to get a perfect fit.
-After I got the bumper where I wanted it and I tightened everything down I pushed the end of the bumper where I wanted them and drilled a hole for the support brackets on each end of the bumper. (the bar that goes around the backside of the fog light) I only drilled one new hole for them and it holds perfect. It should have two but I didnt feel I needed both and it works fine for me.
11hd.gif

Thats everything I can think of right now. Im not making this to tell you guys how to do your swap. Im just sharing my experience because most of time I spent on my swap today was trial and error to get everything to line up. I would have been glad to have just something to go off of before I got started. All I kept reading was the bumper just bolts up and that wasnt the case. If you can half ass figure stuff out and have a buddy to give a hand here and there you will have no problems. Good luck, hope this helps you guys a little.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Would this be a direct fit/bolt on, for a 2010 Silverado 1500? Also I have seen these done before, on this site, and the bumper hangs down so much lower than the rocker panels, it looked good but kind of out of place, is this going to be the same case with these 2011 part #'s? Very interested in this set-up.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Would this be a direct fit/bolt on, for a 2010 Silverado 1500? Also I have seen these done before, on this site, and the bumper hangs down so much lower than the rocker panels, it looked good but kind of out of place, is this going to be the same case with these 2011 part #'s? Very interested in this set-up.
Yes...grill and hood are direct fit....bumper uses stock brackets so its also direct fit....

I dont know how much the bumper hangs down on the 2011s...but it looks pretty long...so im sure it hangs down quite a bit....but it looks tits..

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
but i thought you could use a 07-10 hd hood with no problem?

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
i know on the rgv one guy said the roundness on front of hood was different and trim piece.. but i dunno..

also on the part number for the 2011 hd bumper(bar).. does this include the valance.. and on the part number for the hood does it include the chrome front trip and black trim at the rear close to windsheild? i know looking at gmpd for the 07 hood u had to buy everything seperate. which adds up alot more then we are seeing here.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes...grill and hood are direct fit....bumper uses stock brackets so its also direct fit....

I dont know how much the bumper hangs down on the 2011s...but it looks pretty long...so im sure it hangs down quite a bit....but it looks tits..

So does this mean that I would be able to use just the 2011 hood and grill, but keep my stock bumper? I wonder if there would be any fitment issues, with the HD grill lining up, gaps etc., with the 1500 bumper.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
So does this mean that I would be able to use just the 2011 hood and grill, but keep my stock bumper? I wonder if there would be any fitment issues, with the HD grill lining up, gaps etc., with the 1500 bumper.
Yes, you can. It's been done already.

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
but u cant do 2011 bumper with 1500 grille/hood. because the 1500 grill has square ends and would hit the rounder bumper

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I'm looking into the hood info to see if its the same or not so I can start getting parts one at a time

·
Medicated and Motivated!!
1,122 Posts
I was sold on the 07.5-10 HD swap, but i actually think this one sports a more sportier look...just my 2 cents, also Bryan do you still have the pics of the original pic with the swap, just a higher resolution and maybe a side pic? i was wanting to put it as my computer desktop for motivational purposes....
Thanks
Cam

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
after looking up info the 11 hood is different than the 07-10 hood

·
never finished
2,239 Posts
after looking up info the 11 hood is different than the 07-10 hood
How so? I've been studying pictures of them, they look the same. I'd imagine if it was a different hood, you would have to have different headlights and/or fenders. The curves on the top may be different, but I believe they would fit the same.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
How so? I've been studying pictures of them, they look the same. I'd imagine if it was a different hood, you would have to have different headlights and/or fenders. The curves on the top may be different, but I believe they would fit the same.
Im sure they fit their corresponding grills
(2010 hood fits 2010 grill and 2011 hood fits 2011 grill)

If you put an 07-10 HD hood on a 2011 grill, it might not line up because the 2011 hood has 1.) different chrome molding and 2.) different black plastic up by the wiper cowl, thats just what ive gathered...

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
sierra didnt change enough to matter imo...

another 2011 chevy swap complete
DSCN2997.jpg

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
wowza....look at the hood. the back pieces on top are HUGE!

DSCN1218.jpg

·
Straight Black
673 Posts
Now heres where I'm at though, anything... Really anything is an improvement over the 1500 rcsb w/t front end. Its not really the actual bumper that bugs me (the actual metal portion in the middle of the mess) its the caps and Everything else compared to an older body style bumper of any kind, it looks like ass and is really one of my only pet peeves of the nnbs My only other annoyance on the nnbs looks wise really is the fact that theres no way to two tone the truck properly like they came on the obs and nbs's and everything before the nnbs.

·
Now Static
598 Posts
1 - 20 of 310 Posts