GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I got a 2011 Chevrolet 1500 with the 5.3 recently rebuilt due to lifter failure so did the dod delete with new lifters and a dod delete obd2 chip. So got the aftermarket valley plate with the oil holes blocked. Put that on and disconnected the connector that controls the solenoids. Didn’t run worth crap. So talked to a couple people said plug in the old plate with the solenoids see if there is a change ran great. Installed the oil plugs and old plate plugged it in pretty much factory except for the plugs but now have a Irritating check engine light bank 1 knock sensor and bank 2 knock sensor fault so changed both out to ac delco did fine drove couple miles and back on there hasn’t been a knock one since motor rebuild except when first started with plate unhooked I’m guessing the obd2 plug that I got is just for to turn the dod crap off with factory stuff but so checked wires nothing seemed pinched or cut connectors looked good so I got two new ones bank 1 still up bank 2 went off and stayed off so I swapped them make sure it was the knock sensor or not now both of them are on I’m stumped you can barely tell performance wise when the light kicks on but in order to use remote start can’t be a check engine light on which is kinda lame! Any help would be great!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts