GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys just got my 2011 silverado and have already started doing minor mods, like putting in hids, changing bulbs to leds and tinited the tail lights. i just ordered a poweraid throttle body spacer and k&n intake. i want to do a 6" suspension lift, 3" body lift and wheels/tires and also add exhaust and programmer. how will this affect my 5 year bumper to bumper warrenty? im going to call the dealership but just seeing if anyone has already asked about it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Im sure the lift at least would cause some headache as far as warranty goes. Any suspension or driveline issue will automatically be caused by it according to the dealer. Cosmetics I wouldn't think would be such a big issue. The programming could be reversed of necessary. And personally I wouldn't let them know my name when I called. Or call a different dealer

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
intake COULD void
suspension lift COULD void
tune/tuners will void.

any motor work will void for sure unless its gm parts. dealers can be pricks. some will look the other way.

·
Back from hiatus..
600 Posts
Im sure the lift at least would cause some headache as far as warranty goes. Any suspension or driveline issue will automatically be caused by it according to the dealer. Cosmetics I wouldn't think would be such a big issue. The programming could be reversed of necessary. And personally I wouldn't let them know my name when I called. Or call a different dealer
I am pretty cool with the service writer at my local dealership and he is really straight up with me. He told me that any of the nnbs computers store the last ten tunes and if you have engine/trans problems, gm wants to see a printout of those tunes to make sure they are all stock before they will warranty anything. I was asking about my duramax and it was coming from a service writer, so take it for what it's worth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts