GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 2 nights now ive gotten a phone cal at 1130ish saying my headlights were on in my truck. Last night we had some bad thunderstorms so i thought maybe that did something with the alarm. Went out to truck locked and unlocked it they went out. Well tonight i get the same call, it is raining again but not thunderstorms. This time no luck with lock and unlock, even starting the truck up and turning them to off wont kill the headlights. I do have morimoto hids, i'll have to mess with them more at work tomorrow but anyone else had this problem before?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes.. think its one of those relays shorting out or something? Just weird how its happened around 1130 both times

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. I guess i'll pull the hids out tomorrow and put stock bulbs bak in and see what happens from there

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may try and find fuses to replace the ones in the kit with and see what happens after that. I dont understand where its getting the power from since the trucks have automatic killswitch after 15 mins or so. Plus even with the truck running i cant get the lights to go out

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well with the relay kit it has a constant going through the relay. if you got water in there it may be allowing it to complete the circut

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea i was just thinking that. Both nights it has been raining.. but theyve been in there for atleast 5 months now.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I had the same issue with an old ford I have. Water got in there and shorted them out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gotcha. I'll pull em out tomorrow and see if they look messed up at all and try to find replacements and go from there. Thanks the for help

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Full of moisture. And corroded to hell on one of the terminals. There workin fine this morning but hopefully i can find some new relays today

·
Registered
65 Posts
They make water-resistant relays, I use them all the time on our industrial equipment. Either that, or maybe try a balloon to seal them up?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts