GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have a leveling kit only thread for the 2014+ Silverado/Sierra trucks, but I haven't seen any lifted 4" and up only threads.
These trucks seem to have quite a bit more tire clearance than the 07-13 trucks. Post some pics of your 2014+ lifted with a suspension lift 4" and up. Please specify lift, tire size, wheel size, offset, and what or if any trimming was needed.
Additionally it should be noted that the rough county 5" and 7" kit can run a bigger tire and will have a narrower stance than other brand lifts of the same height due to the track width not being increased. There may be other kits like that too, but I'm not aware of any at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
This thread is gonna b all bad lol. I'm tryin to tell myself not to lift this one and I was think a 4". I know this is gonna want me to push to get it. Damn it lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
4" is also what I am looking at. Looking at zone or bds. Most I have seen allow up to 35s on 20" rims. Also thought of looking at 6" lift and dropping it down a little.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be installing a 6.5" zone this weekend, I'll post of some pics once the kit comes in.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
4" is also what I am looking at. Looking at zone or bds. Most I have seen allow up to 35s on 20" rims. Also thought of looking at 6" lift and dropping it down a little.
read the install on the 4" kit. you gotta butcher the front diff, if you ever go bigger or wanna go back stock, it ain't happening for cheap,

·
Go Big or Go home
523 Posts
Just the 4wd models 2wd don't have a front diff

Sent from the great white north eh

·
Registered
17 Posts
This thread will be dangerous... I'm trying to hold off on my lift/tires so I can wear out my stock tires. I feel like I won't wait that long. Lol.

There was a good point brought up about the Rough Country lift.
I want to keep my stock wheels. I've been told by a couple local shops that I can keep them without spacers with the Zone Offroad 4.5" kit. I think the Rough Country requires spacers.. [[Can anyone confirm that info?]]
Plus I like what I've heard about Zone's quality assurance and testing vs. Rough Country's quality/wear and tear on factory parts (ball joints).

Does anyone compare with Zone Offroad as far as quality for a lower price? I assume it's a "you get what you pay for" thing, but I'd like the most bang for my buck. Part of the reason I need the quality is that this is going to be a 10+ year truck that I'm gonna drive as my everyday driver, so the longevity of parts is a large concern.

Any input on that info is appreciated.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
read the install on the 4" kit. you gotta butcher the front diff, if you ever go bigger or wanna go back stock, it ain't happening for cheap,

The front diff passenger side mount has to be modified and it will make going back to stock more difficult, but if you keep the piece that's cut off any shop with an aluminum welder should be able to weld it back on.

This is not a concern with rough country kit.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This thread will be dangerous... I'm trying to hold off on my lift/tires so I can wear out my stock tires. I feel like I won't wait that long. Lol.

There was a good point brought up about the Rough Country lift.
I want to keep my stock wheels. I've been told by a couple local shops that I can keep them without spacers with the Zone Offroad 4.5" kit. I think the Rough Country requires spacers.. [[Can anyone confirm that info?]]
Plus I like what I've heard about Zone's quality assurance and testing vs. Rough Country's quality/wear and tear on factory parts (ball joints).

Does anyone compare with Zone Offroad as far as quality for a lower price? I assume it's a "you get what you pay for" thing, but I'd like the most bang for my buck. Part of the reason I need the quality is that this is going to be a 10+ year truck that I'm gonna drive as my everyday driver, so the longevity of parts is a large concern.

Any input on that info is appreciated.

Zone and roughcountry both make great kits. Zone is usually a little more beefy, but both are good quality kits. On the 14+ trucks I personally like the zone kit better, but that's just my opinion. I prefer knuckle kits over drop bracket kits.

Both kits can run stock wheels. Rough country uses the stock knuckle so there aren't any issues with stock wheels. Zone specifies 5.75" backspacing for a 20" wheel, the stock wheels are 6" back spacing, so you'll need a 1/4" wheel spacer. You may can get by without the spacer if stick on weights are used. I don't think factory 17s or 18s can be used, but I'm not positive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Zone and roughcountry both make great kits. Zone is usually a little more beefy, but both are good quality kits. On the 14+ trucks I personally like the zone kit better, but that's just my opinion. I prefer knuckle kits over drop bracket kits.

Both kits can run stock wheels. Rough country uses the stock knuckle so there aren't any issues with stock wheels. Zone specifies 5.75" backspacing for a 20" wheel, the stock wheels are 6" back spacing, so you'll need a 1/4" wheel spacer. You may can get by without the spacer if stick on weights are used. I don't think factory 17s or 18s can be used, but I'm not positive.

I have the factory 20" alloys. Hopefully no spacers are needed.. I already don't like the fact that ALL of the kits (to my knowledge) that replace the steering knuckle kick the front treads out 1 5/8".. (BDS/Zone, Skyjacker, ProComp, etc.)
The front will be sticking out the sides with the rear sitting flush. The flush look is so much sexier IMO.

Why do I hear so much negative about the RC lifts...? And how are their prices so cheap compared to everyone else? I'm just scared about cutting corners on a truck I intend to keep for so long.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
sounds like a paid advertisement in here...i'd throw my $$ in the lake before I gave RC another nickel.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the factory 20" alloys. Hopefully no spacers are needed.. I already don't like the fact that ALL of the kits (to my knowledge) that replace the steering knuckle kick the front treads out 1 5/8".. (BDS/Zone, Skyjacker, ProComp, etc.)
The front will be sticking out the sides with the rear sitting flush. The flush look is so much sexier IMO.

Why do I hear so much negative about the RC lifts...? And how are their prices so cheap compared to everyone else? I'm just scared about cutting corners on a truck I intend to keep for so long.

I've personally had good experience with rough country, I think most the negative comments stem from the 7.5" kit which does rides a little stiff.
On the 14+trucks both zone and RC are competitively priced. As for the track width, I believe without a trac width change the factory wheels will be a little inside the fenders, not quite flush. The truck I'm installing this 6.5" kit on is going to have factory 20s and rear 1.5" wheel spacers so I'll post up some pics when it's finished.

sounds like a paid advertisement in here...i'd throw my $$ in the lake before I gave RC another nickel.

I love the RC kit on my 08 1500, don't get me wrong I'd love a cognito, but I'm not going to drop that kind of money on a lift. What kind of problems did you have?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The zone 6.5" kit came in today and the truck was dropped off just a little bit ago. I'll be starting the install tomorrow and should have it finished sometime Saturday. The kit looks great, its very well designed and built. However I'm not crazy about the rear blocks or the sway bar links. The blocks are not tapered, but there are two different school of thought on proper alignment of a two joint driveshaft. I personally prefer the tapered block, but different manufactures do it different ways. Also the 4.5" and 6.5" are the same lift except for the strut spacers and blocks so different strut spacers and blocks could be used to achieve lift height anywhere in between 4.5-6.5". Anyways on to the pics....

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
I think you'll be happy with zone

·
Registered
20 Posts
here is a link with the white and second black truck. all three are running 4" BDS:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/top...-inch-bds-lift-and-35-toyo-tires-no-trimming/

The white one is running a 4" BDS with Fox 2.0's in the rear. 35x12.5x20 Toyo open country MT, Fuel Maverick Wheels 20X9 (offset 20) 5.75" backspacing.
The title mentions he didn't need to trim, but later states he had to do a little.

The other black Chevy is running a 4" BDS with the same wheels and slightly smaller tires.

The black GMC is running 4" BDS with BMF r.e.p.r wheels. I believe those are 20x9 with 0 offset.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
here is a link with the white and second black truck. all three are running 4" BDS:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/top...-inch-bds-lift-and-35-toyo-tires-no-trimming/

The white one is running a 4" BDS with Fox 2.0's in the rear. 35x12.5x20 Toyo open country MT, Fuel Maverick Wheels 20X9 (offset 20) 5.75" backspacing.
The title mentions he didn't need to trim, but later states he had to do a little.

The other black Chevy is running a 4" BDS with the same wheels and slightly smaller tires.

The black GMC is running 4" BDS with BMF r.e.p.r wheels. I believe those are 20x9 with 0 offset.

Great info! Thanks

1 - 20 of 429 Posts