GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've read that corsa is liked by alot of people. The no drone would be the biggest selling feature for me. I just can't get over the $1000 plus price. Is it that good? I've looked at the afe machforce force and mbrp for half the price. Any opinions on any of these 3 exhaust appreciated. I'm ready to change my 14 exhaust setup. I had a race bullet on my 07 nnbs. Loved the sound, hated the drone.

·
Rest in Pieces
2,362 Posts
Hell I'll sell you a corsa sport muffler for $300. Got bills to pay lol But yes they are very nice.

·
professional grade
4,149 Posts
I won't put any other exhaust on my truck. You get what you pay for IMO. Everything about the corsa is top notch. The sound, the fit and finish. You are only paying the high price tag from it being completely 304 stainless. The tip alone is $200. Look at the db....it's nearly half the price. Wait till that comes out for the 14's

·
professional grade
4,149 Posts
It's a little louder than the corsa and not as refined. Muffler case is 304 stainless, everything else is made of 409 stainless. Cheaper clamps, a single wall tip. Great for those who want the corsa sound but don't wanna pay out the ass.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it have the "no drone"?

·
Go Big or Go home
523 Posts
Yes it has no drone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perfect. Any idea of 2014 availability?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Figure out what Corsa part # you need, then check amazon. I was able to find a full Corsa Sport catback for my 2012 and got it shipped overnight for $4 because it was eligible for prime shipping (sold directly by Amazon).

·
Registered
461 Posts
Figure out what Corsa part # you need, then check amazon. I was able to find a full Corsa Sport catback for my 2012 and got it shipped overnight for $4 because it was eligible for prime shipping (sold directly by Amazon).
Do WHATT?? :think:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've had a Corsa sport on my '06 for about 5 years now and I wouldn't buy anything else in the future. It looks like new even after many bad winters full of road salt. It sounds really really good when you step on it and does not drone. My only complaint is that when the truck warms up and is idling, it is very very quiet. Almost stock sounding. I found it on sale at the time on 4wheelparts and saved a few hundred bucks. Definitely recommend it.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I am in the same boat...I want exhaust but not ready to dump that much on a system yet. I had Corsa on my G8 GT and loved the sound!

·
4,725 Posts
Once you experience corsa, everything else is as appealing as a 400 pound woman covered in bile trying to make love with you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey guys I was wanting to know if its possible to just replace factory muffler on 2014 sierra with 6.2l if so what size is the stock exhaust pipe?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Just installed mine.. gutted the third cat while I was doing it. Quiet in the cab with 0 drone, but I know its way louder outside. Money well spent IMO

·
GO NOLES
633 Posts
I'm looking on eBay and there is so many different part numbers, which one do I need? I want the sport and I have a crew cab with short/reg bed. TIA

·
GMC Owner
1,464 Posts
So I can weigh in on this. I had bought the Corsa Sport cat back off a member over on GM-Trucks.com who was trading his truck. This was the first iteration of the Corsa Sport and it was manufactured with slightly less thick sheet metal. The exhaust sounded good, but it was LOUD. At highway speeds, It was annoying, not really a drone. But just so loud.

So anyways, I contacted Corsa and they told me they silently redesigned the Corsa Sport kit for the 2014 trucks with thicker sheet metal and it overall reduces the loudness of the kit, but still has a good bark.

So I got the redesigned muffler and it have to say it is 100% better. Yes it is not as loud, but when you get on it, you hear it. And on the highway it is a very pleasant low rumble. I did 12 hours a few weeks ago in the truck from Chicago to Columbus, and back and not once did I think it was too loud.

It reminds me of the Borla kit I had back on my 2002 Silverado w/ 5.3. Not annoying on the highway, good bark around town. Nice sounding idle. The whole package.

Yes. the Corsa is expensive. But bototm line. Its worth it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts