GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. First things first, this is my first post. When I bought my truck, I started searching forums for things others had done to their trucks and joined this one because it appeared to be the best and I haven't been disappointed yet.

My truck is a 2014 Double Cab Silverado Z71 4x4. It feels weird having to specify 4x4 Z71 because a two-wheel drive Z71 makes zero sense to me, but that's neither here nor there. After a couple months of driving around stock, I couldn't take it anymore.

The first thing I did was remove the lower valance. I know they help with gas mileage, but they just make these trucks look soooo goofy.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

So after that, I came back inside and began researching Plasti Dip. I was hesitant, but after some reading, I pulled the trigger and went to Wal-Mart and decided to go ahead and make this the day of the truck .

BEFORE:

All taped up and ready to go:

AFTER:

I was very impressed (both with the product and the surprising turn out of my first ever Plasti-dipping) and got in a hurry to do the tailgate and forgot to take before pictures.

TAILGATE:

I also debadged the letters on the tailgate and sides between coats while doing the tailgate, but as you can tell, it got dark in a hurry towards the end so I don't have any overall pictures until tomorrow.

So that's it so far. Next on the list is a leveling kit and then some bigger tires but those are a ways away due to monetary issues. Everything done today was done for about $20 and it looks like a completely different truck and I'm very happy with it. I will update with daytime pictures ASAP.

BONUS: Playing with lettering while taking them off. I couldn't make myself leave it tho.

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
Good start!

Lose those steps and tint windows next :imo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm torn on the steps but agree on the tint. I know taking the steps off will make it look taller but I personally like the looks of it with them. I'll have to think about that one a little longer. Ordered the 2.5" RC leveling kit today and will put it on when it gets here.

I took daytime pictures and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I posted this in the 2014+ level thread, but I figured I would post it here too. Added a 2.5" Rough Country level kit to the front and left the rear blocks stock. VERY happy with the turn out. Looks more like a 3/4 ton now and I love it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Truck looks great-- still stock tires? I ask as i just ordered the 2.5 RC kit as well and your tuck looks good- the gaps are all the same now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! Yes, still stock tires. I personally don't have a problem with the wheels but do plan on getting bigger tires as soon as I can afford it.

·
14' GMC Owner
483 Posts
Looks good just leveled my sierra and put bigger tires in it this weekend

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks good! I have the same exact truck, but I have black steps. I may have to look into the plasti-dip for the bowties as well. The gold color looks cheap to me. I have the window tint already, just need to the time to put it on. Any side shots with the leveling kit?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry it took a few weeks to get back to you. Been a lot going on. I went to town today and gave her a bath and took some more pictures.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would get rid of the z71 sticker also since you debadged eveything else imo

·
15 RCSB Z71
2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain 6.2L
3,446 Posts
Ditch the steps and the z71 stickers. I would ditch the rear emblem too for cleaner lines but if you like it I can understand. Tint the fronts or darkening it up errywhere will complete that look. Color matched mirror caps, door handles and tailgate handle would flow perfect and finish it with cleared head lights and tires when you can afford it.

Basically make it look like the black DC version of [MENTION=14810]1sxychvy[/MENTION] 's truck
BC2177CD-21E8-46F0-8F2A-F163AA334E0A_zpsr4vzbiki.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts