GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Go Big or Go home
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys figure I start a build thread for my truck since I had it for a month. Build thread will be slow since I have a newborn and the gf is off on leave. So here are the specs on the truck it was ordered feb 10 and I took delivery of it April 28

Truck: 2014 gmc Sierra 4x4 slt Crew cab standard bed,
Onyx black, all terrain package and all terrain plus package
Jet black heated seats and heated steering wheels
20" ultra bright wheels, 6.2l
Navigation, sunroof, Bose, front and rear parking sensors

Plans for now
2" drop shackle or 2.5 levelling ( while waiting to lift truck)
Tint windows
Tonneau cover
Cat back exhaust or muffler
Black bear tune.
Fts or fabtech with the 4.0 coil overs in two years
Haven't decided on wheels yet
Headlights cleared and have red halos installed
Debadge/demolded and maybe colour match the chrome
Tail lights and third break light tinted
4.56 gear
Amp power steps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
548 Posts
finally one with the full size 6.5' bed

·
Go Big or Go home
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love the black. Nice truck! Lmk what you figure out on gears. Been trying to get some 4:88s for awhile with no luck. Nice plans btw.

Thanks rocky I was a bit worried with the color since I had a white one before but I'm liking it so far.

·
I WANNA GO FAST!
113 Posts
Looks great man. What gears and I'm curious of what kind of fuel mileage you are getting.

·
Go Big or Go home
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great man. What gears and I'm curious of what kind of fuel mileage you are getting.

Thanks man. I got 3.43 wish I had 3.73 but the at package wouldn't let me get them. I'm get 15.3mpg in town

·
I WANNA GO FAST!
113 Posts
That's actually not bad. I'd be happy with that. Plus once you put 33's on it or something it should even out much more and you'll probably want a gear swap. Right? Trying to decide between a 5.3 and the 6.2 with 3.73's. Not sure I can justify that 2k difference for the motor. I'm coming from tuned diesels so really wanted the 420 horse.

·
Disbanned
187 Posts
No replacement for displacement! Go with the 6.2 and you'll thank us all later!

·
Go Big or Go home
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Go Big or Go home
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's actually not bad. I'd be happy with that. Plus once you put 33's on it or something it should even out much more and you'll probably want a gear swap. Right? Trying to decide between a 5.3 and the 6.2 with 3.73's. Not sure I can justify that 2k difference for the motor. I'm coming from tuned diesels so really wanted the 420 horse.
i had my old mans diesel for about a month before i ordered and after drivin that i had my mind made up for a 6.2 the only thing i wish i had was the 3.73

·
Registered
111 Posts
Coming from a lb7 with a built trans. Getting a crew cab with the 6.2 with 3.73. Hope it lives up to the way some talk about it. Guess if not there is always a charger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts