GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured what the hell I'll start a new thread.

Truck:
2014 GMC Sierra SLT 1500 CCSB

Plans:
Suspension - 7" FTS Gloss White PC on entire kit (already on order)
FTS 7-9" Struts
Basic shocks in rear for now but will upgrade to resi's later
Possibly work up a black backing plate for front crossmember
FTS UCAs
FTS traction bars (down the road)

Wheels - 22x14 Black Rhino Glamis 6x5.5
I know they are black but I have always liked this wheel and not many have used it yet.

Tires - 325/50R22 Nitto Trail Grapplers (Wheels/Tires are on order now)

Body - Remove front valance (complete)
Remove gay mud flaps in front of rear wheel (complete)
Paint/PC oem front tow hooks to white? - or - swap with chrome hooks for a splash of bling?
Debadge
Demold
CM fender trim
CM front and rear bumper to white vs. chrome (Up in air but think it would work better with the black wheels)
CM emblem
Swap Chrome handles with Summit White OEM Door Handles
Either swap chrome mirror caps with Summit White mirror caps or CM tows
Gloss Black paint on center valance piece

Headlights - Will contact Phil from Fastheadlights and work up a set of either cleared heads or CM heads with some extras

Performance - Blackbear tune? CAI possibly (Nothing crazy at this point)

Exhaust - Up in the air (Corsa sounds the best imo, but God it's expensive)

Bed - BedRug liner with tonneau cover, leaning towards Roll N' Lock/Undercover Swingcases

Sound - 10" Sub under rear bench most likely

Steps - AMP Research

Tint - 20% on front windows/5% 6" brow on windshield (complete)

This should give you a general idea of where I'm going with this. I'm liking the idea of all white and black, very similar to my H2.

Stock pics:
IMG_3148_zpsa505f870.jpg

IMG_3149_zps5f246ba2.jpg

IMG_3150_zps01e64228.jpg

IMG_3151_zpscee247ee.jpg

IMG_3152_zps2030f1f2.jpg

Thank you guys for following my last build like you did..I am sorry I came up short but my wallet couldn't quite get there. I took some of the money from that sale and jump started this build. So this one shouldn't be a disappointment. I hated letting it go but its just a truck. I'll get back into a dmax again!

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
truck looks great dude. how come you left diesel though?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
ESPECIALLY in repairs. I was deathly afraid of deleting mine and grenading the CP4

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Looks great man!!!! :thumbsup:

When your lift/tires/wheels go on...... Send those stock rims to me! Kthxbye!!! :wave:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a friend who destroyed his. I bet replacing it was a bitch, not that he really cared, he's loaded.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great man!!!! :thumbsup:

When your lift/tires/wheels go on...... Send those stock rims to me! Kthxbye!!! :wave:

Haha if you'll buy them they're yours!

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
I have a friend who destroyed his. I bet replacing it was a bitch, not that he really cared, he's loaded.
depending on how much damage it causes when it goes it could take out the HP fuel lines, and injectors with the CP4 and labor it's a 10g job

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Such a nice looking truck already. The plans sound great!

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
Damn, I wish I could jump into a new truck. Wouldn't go GM, but, I still wish I could do it.

·
2011 Silverado Driver
1,024 Posts
Sounds badass dude but you should get chrome or polished wheels instead of black. Even though there's not a ton of lifted trucks down here almost all of them have black wheels. I'd also get a chrome backing plate for the fts instead of black. Jelly of the new ride

·
Roll Tide
868 Posts
Tuscaloosa's truck game is covered in black wheels and tasteless add-ons. Some chrome wheels would look so great with the white powder. Honestly I feel like black wheels (especially matte finish) would completely throw off the white powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Honestly I wanted to PC the rhinos gloss black but I think it'll be fine. The rhinos arent terribly expensive. So down the road I can go chrome if I want to. Still think I'm going with the mostly CM plan, so most chrome on body will be eliminated. I think it will have that more rugged look without having all the tasteless add-ons.
Started on de badge tonight:

Quit after first set because I'm whipped lol

Picked up some of this shit tonight. Worked really well if anybody wants to remove adhesive.

·
GMFS Member
749 Posts
Plans sound good but x2 on something other than matte black wheels

And send me those z71 badges while you're at it ;)

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If anybody wants to buy the OE running boards I'll make you a good deal! They are super expensive. Message me if you're interested!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FTS put everything in powder booth today. Think I may go outside and debadge some more.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Can't wait to see this build.. Crazy Im about to start a very similar build just ordered the 7-9 in kit from fts 20x10 bmfs playing the waiting game as well mines white aswell ! Looking forward to your plans !

1 - 20 of 169 Posts