GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
damage inc.
321 Posts
i bought that same setup from the same dealer on ebay. no problems or complaints whatsoever.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Cool. I was quoted $1450 installed today from dealership. I wanted to make sure these were authentic and try the install myself.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I did the same on an 06 and will be doing the same on my 12'. Markup is a mother!

Katzkin feels that a $500 premium over Dealership is worth it because of all the options they have. At the end of the day, all they are worth is $600....

Maybe I should buy a few sets and sell them for $1000 locally :patriot:

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
I did the same on an 06 and will be doing the same on my 12'. Markup is a mother!

Katzkin feels that a $500 premium over Dealership is worth it because of all the options they have. At the end of the day, all they are worth is $600....

Maybe I should buy a few sets and sell them for $1000 locally :patriot:
Let people order from you locally and then buy em from eBay LOL

·
Registered
55 Posts
The problem with buying off of ebay is you take the chance of getting something that won't fit your truck. Different options, missing parts, etc.

I sell and install Katzkin. It's hard to get it all right. GM may be easier, but Toyota's are a bitch. 1 truck has several different combinations of seat options. I'm stuck with a Tundra kit the dealer ordered wrong and it's on me.

I'll be glad to help you out if you want it from a dealer and not ebay, but I can't do $600. It would be under $1000.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have been entertaining those on Ebay as well. Do any of you know if the seat heaters in the 2014's are part of the seat cover, or separate? I have factory heated cloth.

I emailed Katzkin and they couldn't tell me and wanted me to talk to an installer that i won't be using.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
keep in mind a $600 Katzkin kit has Vinyl sides and only leather tops according to them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts