GMC Truck Forum banner

61 - 80 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
I meant when you are all done compared to a similarly optioned truck with the same miles.
I think for some it’s just cool to say you did the options literally yourself, I mean hell I have just a Sierra with Denali headlights I mean it’s what we do.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I think for some it’s just cool to say you did the options literally yourself, I mean hell I have just a Sierra with Denali headlights I mean it’s what we do.
That’s true, it is nice when somebody with the same truck ask if that came on the truck from factory and you can tell them no I installed it or added it. I have the Denali door sills for you when your ready lol

·
n. fil-dert.
6,834 Posts
I get that, not my point. I swapped all kinds of shit on my 05. Just curious to see what the net difference is with time/effort/money, not ragging on it at all.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I get that, not my point. I swapped all kinds of shit on my 05. Just curious to see what the net difference is with time/effort/money, not ragging on it at all.
Yeah I know what u mean, I really wanted the newer truck but price was a lot more so
I ended up with this one which I’m kinda glad as those others were about 8000$ more then this one. Only big difference beside the front end was they had leather seats and center consoles

·
n. fil-dert.
6,834 Posts
Yeah I know what u mean, I really wanted the newer truck but price was a lot more so
I ended up with this one which I’m kinda glad as those others were about 8000$ more then this one. Only big difference beside the front end was they had leather seats and center consoles
And 6.2. Not all cosmetic.

·
n. fil-dert.
6,834 Posts
I'd get a beater car if I drove that much. Or a motorcycle. I used to live 45 miles from work and I rode a motorcycle for 2 years straight, every day even in the rain, to keep from driving my Suburban. Then I was able to sell it with "low miles" for the year.

yeah just wanted to make sure you're comparing apples to apples. I'm not hating on your swaps just making sure you don't think you've reverse engineered a Denali for $2k and saved $6K because it's not really the same thing. I would be down with a few of those upgrades myself. I really like the Yukon Denali tails and could see rocking a set on my Tahoe some day. I looked at a few 6.2's but couldn't wrap my head around the mileage comparisons and the fact that I'd have to run higher octane, didn't seem like a slam dunk for me.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Lol yeah theirs shit I want, theirs shit I could careless about so I’m just adding the thing I Want if their possible. As far as buying another car I have a 2013 Buick Regal (2.0 turbo) just put in the shop had a power steering leak smh done had it fixed twice so hopefully this is the last time. That car given me more problems then any other car I’ve had
I'd get a beater car if I drove that much. Or a motorcycle. I used to live 45 miles from work and I rode a motorcycle for 2 years straight, every day even in the rain, to keep from driving my Suburban. Then I was able to sell it with "low miles" for the year.

yeah just wanted to make sure you're comparing apples to apples. I'm not hating on your swaps just making sure you don't think you've reverse engineered a Denali for $2k and saved $6K because it's not really the same thing. I would be down with a few of those upgrades myself. I really like the Yukon Denali tails and could see rocking a set on my Tahoe some day. I looked at a few 6.2's but couldn't wrap my head around the mileage comparisons and the fact that I'd have to run higher octane, didn't seem like a slam dunk for me.

·
Registered
603 Posts
The other way I see it is that when you buy something from the factory the payment never changes, when you fix it up yourself and are having to struggle through a month then you can wait..

Luckily my situation financially doesn't require it anymore, I still tend to look at it from that perspective.

·
n. fil-dert.
6,834 Posts
What is this payment concept you speak of? With the exception of my house if I can't afford to buy it outright I don't, those are kind of a necessity. This is why I went 13 years between trucks though lol.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Which is why I have 8 vehicles and only 1 payment.

It's easy to forget that when you are poor you have to spend more money.

·
n. fil-dert.
6,834 Posts
The secret: don't spend more than you make. Go pay Dave Ramsey to tell you that.

·
Registered
603 Posts
The secret: don't spend more than you make. Go pay Dave Ramsey to tell you that.
If it were that simple...

Anyway enough derailing...

·
n. fil-dert.
6,834 Posts
Circular argument that assumes one just went out and bought 8 used trucks at the same time. Paid off is paid off, everything depreciates.

Edit - I don't even really know what I meant to say there I've just been wanting to use the phrase "circular argument" for a while

Sorry for the thread derail Frankie, feel free to derail any of mine I don't care :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Circular argument that assumes one just went out and bought 8 used trucks at the same time. Paid off is paid off, everything depreciates.

Edit - I don't even really know what I meant to say there I've just been wanting to use the phrase "circular argument" for a while

Sorry for the thread derail Frankie, feel free to derail any of mine I don't care :)
Lmmfao im not derailing shit :bowroflwerd6::biggun::biggun:

61 - 80 of 140 Posts