GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was on the fence about what I wanted to do with my headlights, either chrome Anzos or do them myself with a custom white housing. After seeing a lot of the live SEMA coverage and all the white 14+ Silverados with custom white housings I was possessed to give it a shot. Here are some pics and tips along the way…

Another member gave instructions for 15 min @ 225 degrees. The headlights were not even close to budging afterwards, so I decided to use TSR’s (The Retrofit Source) instructions for Permaseal style headlights which was 23 min @ 270 degrees. This made things MUCH easier and wish I would have started with this. It would have saved me re-heating the other way 4 times and A LOT of frustration!

Here they are baking away…
20141107_191500_RichtoneHDR_zps2ef6f4ad.jpg

Bezels removed and reflectors shaved…and I say shaved because I took the time to plastic weld / putty the reflector mounting holes for a smooth clean look. I was surprised by some of the SEMA pics where they didn’t do this and it looked “lazy” in my opinion.
20141107_232237_RichtoneHDR_zps09619440.jpg

20141107_232259_RichtoneHDR_zps4647681d.jpg

In the “paint booth”…
20141108_094624_zps976357a6.jpg

Assembled waiting to be installed…
20141108_115236_RichtoneHDR_zps7d158f3d.jpg

Installed…
20141108_134009_RichtoneHDR_zpsf0f8bcd7.jpg

One in the shade shot…
20141108_134329_RichtoneHDR_zps8b84ae06.jpg

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
holy effin white...

·
Registered
689 Posts
These look great!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Heads look killer. Too much white IMO. Not hatin though. Maybe if the mesh in grille was black and u had black wheels if would look better. Just a thought. None the less a thumbs up on the heads. I wish I would of painted mine when I cleared them. Too lazy to take mine back apart now.

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
I like all the white personally. Maybe go full brushed on the bowtie but everything else looks pretty awesome to me.

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
I like all the white personally. Maybe go full brushed on the bowtie but everything else looks pretty awesome to me.
this

brushed bowtie would set it off, I'm personally a fan of the all white look

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I like the brushed bowtie idea....I'm also maybe considering putting the grill back to the stock all chrome w/ chrome honeycomb to break up the white just a bit, as it would tie the center bumper chrome part into it and the whole "middle of the front end" would be uniform.. only if I can find a cheap takeoff on craigslist or something...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the cheap deal came quicker than I thought, crappy night pic but I think it may actually turn out pretty good once the new wheels go on

20141110_220408_RichtoneHDR_zpsfr5fdoqj.jpg

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
X3 - I actually came in here to say plz don't put the chrome on.

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
Put white back on
Hope u didn't trade it

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Didn't trade it, just found a good deal on it so said what the hell I'll give it a shot. I had this custom grill idea in my head for awhile and this would be a perfect candidate for doing it but idk...maybe if the grill doesn't sell I'll give it a try

NewgrillPluschromebezelheadlightswclearreflectors_zpsc9e5b026.jpg

·
Registered
548 Posts
Needs to be broken up, just throw the white one back on.

·
A-10C Jet Engine Mechanic
163 Posts
The last pic posted looks nice and clean, also wanted to add nice job doing your headlights, they look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
The headlights are sick! I might do that to my 08! Love the grille in the first set of pics but might have done the bowtie in a different color. My grille was painted all white for a white but I left the bowtie stock

1 - 20 of 34 Posts