GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I bought a brand new 2014 LTZ- z71 last year and around may, my heated seats stopped working took it in during the summer for a few things and they said they didn't have time to look at them and to bring it back (first thing that bugged me) so I took it in Tuesday for the seats and a slew of things and they tell me they are working (said they are not as strong a previous years, bull***T), I said to the service writer to go out to the truck and turn them on and call me when they get warm... 2 hrs. later he called, "you are right they are not working, then yesterday he calls me and said they had the wrong wiring harnass from the factory and the correct one is on back order"...bullshit again...then he said the passenger side is working... I blew up...hung up on him and called another dealership...

my buddy is the sales manager at this dealership and told him I have zero problem trashing the places name over this...sucks cause he is a good friend

service is just as important as sales

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
so I bought a brand new 2014 LTZ- z71 last year and around may, my heated seats stopped working took it in during the summer for a few things and they said they didn't have time to look at them and to bring it back (first thing that bugged me) so I took it in Tuesday for the seats and a slew of things and they tell me they are working (said they are not as strong a previous years, bull***T), I said to the service writer to go out to the truck and turn them on and call me when they get warm... 2 hrs. later he called, "you are right they are not working, then yesterday he calls me and said they had the wrong wiring harnass from the factory and the correct one is on back order"...bullshit again...then he said the passenger side is working... I blew up...hung up on him and called another dealership...

my buddy is the sales manager at this dealership and told him I have zero problem trashing the places name over this...sucks cause he is a good friend

service is just as important as sales
So what's the question?

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
So what's the question?
Didn't have to have a question. Seeing as how he posted in the "Discussion" section.

Seems more like a rant, and I would have reacted in the same fashion.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Didn't have to have a question. Seeing as how he posted in the "Discussion" section.

Seems more like a rant, and I would have reacted in the same fashion.
Gotcha, missed that part.

OP, I'd keep bugging the shit outta them. every day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was actually kind of asking if anyone has had this problem with the heated seats?

but I guess I went off on a rant....lol

·
Widdlefawk
599 Posts
Your buddy is the sales manager and you are getting shitty service on yor brand new truck?

He isn't your buddy. Sales manager can destroy service managers careers over poor service on warranty on new sales.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Your buddy is the sales manager and you are getting shitty service on yor brand new truck?

He isn't your buddy. Sales manager can destroy service managers careers over poor service on warranty on new sales.
true story here

·
Registered
2 Posts
mine is doing the same thing took it to the dealership 3 times, once they said they replaced the heat pad, which I think is bull****, the other timesthey said the seats are working fine, so I had to take it back for service and I aske the service manager to show me how to operate the heated seats because I can"t get them working and I brought my tempeture heat gun and sure enough I finally got them to admit it wasn't working. They say the heat pads are back ordered and there are none in North America, kust wondering how you made out with your seats.

·
Registered
176 Posts
FWIW

Dealerships make money BY:
1- Selling New & Used Vehicles (& parts)
2- Non Warranty repairs
3 -Warranty repairs

When an Under Warranty repair comes in the dealer can only charge by the "book hours needed" from GM & not make a mark up on parts, the mechanic makes less per hour as well - so when you show up your last in line for the dealer to make money. Often a new young inexperienced mechanic will get the assignment, and you will get the run around for return visits (hoping you just go away) until your warranty is up.

So buying from a dealership that introduces you the their owner, & top mechanics and their service writer is very valuable to the buyer. Often a dealer will snub the under warranty repair and the "Regional District Rep" will advise you to try a different dealership - in other words telling you the dealer giving you the run around is as useless as you think they are.

It's tough to find a good dealership. in my opinion.

Good dealerships may charge a bit more for the new car, but take care of their customers when there's a prob, and they end up with repeat customers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts