GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to clear my 2015 2500HD headlights and was wandering if anyone has done it yet and can post pictures / steps on how to do it. Truck is going to be down about another week where it got vandalized last Sunday night and wanting to get this done. Thanks.

·
cunts
2,742 Posts
What happened to your headlights? Why do you need to "clear" it??
By "clearing" he means taking out the reflective amber pieces on the assembly.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I just did mine this weekend. Way more involved than the nnbs lights. I've heard that baking them is the way to go but never could get them apart that way. I ended up cutting them open and it's pretty tricky since there is way more curves and brackets to cut around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just did mine this weekend. Way more involved than the nnbs lights. I've heard that baking them is the way to go but never could get them apart that way. I ended up cutting them open and it's pretty tricky since there is way more curves and brackets to cut around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks amazing. Could you shoot me a text and explain exactly what you done? Be much appreciated.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I should have taken pictures but I never take the time to do it. Basically it's just like the nnbs lights as far as cutting goes. You do have to take the chrome off of the front of the lights before you get started. It's just held on with two sided tape. I'll be pulling them back out soon for switchbacks and possibly an fxr upgrade. If you haven't done them by then, I'll take some pics. You may have luck with baking them, but mine wouldn't budge.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should have taken pictures but I never take the time to do it. Basically it's just like the nnbs lights as far as cutting goes. You do have to take the chrome off of the front of the lights before you get started. It's just held on with two sided tape. I'll be pulling them back out soon for switchbacks and possibly an fxr upgrade. If you haven't done them by then, I'll take some pics. You may have luck with baking them, but mine wouldn't budge.

I will probably shoot you a text this weekend if I decide to do it. I have done a set of nnbs and if its just like that, it shouldn't be to bad. I was wandering about the chrome part. Weird they use double sided tape, figured it would be clipped or something.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Anybody have more pics of this?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't really paid attention to my headlights here recently but I have noticed there is a ton of dust in them and I don't know how. They aren't cleared yet either. I am taking it to Chevrolet tomorrow to see if they will cover them under warranty since obviously they are leaking somewhere. Hopefully they cover them under warranty and I am going to try and see if they will just let me keep them. If so, I'll clear a set in no time.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Apparently it's a problem. My dad's 15 Chevrolet leaks water and a friend of mines 15 Denali Dmax will get about an inch of water during a hard rain. I don't know how his LEDs haven't shorted out. It must be in the sealant because doesn't leak after I cleared them. Then again, it stays inside 99% of the time.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Not to bash the cutting method but all lights will open up with the right amount of heat and prying. It's tough but possible. I would never cut mine open!

I opened up my NNBS Yukon lights easy with a little baking and heat gun with lots of plastic pry tools

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
I wonder how they plan to get in there to get it
I 100% guarantee they'll try to use to compressed air and it will only make them worse.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I agree. Air in one hole and a shop vac in the other probably. If you decide to clear them you can get all of that out when they're open at least

·
Read Only
51 Posts
May not be the right feed but I would like to see what some of you guys are running on the 15' body style 2500HD's Ive seem some options but not sure how they actually look on the truck...

Think it may look a little odd if the center trim piece isnt on the aftermarket lights ( the piece that runs full length from of the truck grille / headlights )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts