GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2015 GMC 2500HD CCLB 4x4 & am trying to decide on what to do suspension wise on the truck. I don't know which route to go, but I have a couple of options.

I'm thinking about going with a 5" zone lift, but undecided on tires. The wheels are going to be 20x9 BMF REPR since that is all anyone had in stock. I have the 33" Toyo M/Ts that came off of my old truck that only have 10,000 miles on them so I would like to use them, just don't know if they would look way to small. I also have a set of 37" BFG KM2s that have about 100 miles on them, but don't know if they would be too big. Last I could just buy new 35" tires & call it a day.

If I don't go with the lift, then I will go with a leveling kit & stay with my 33" Toyos on the 20x9 BMFs. It's going to be a daily driver work truck, so it still has to be practical. What option would ya'll go with?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Yeti's truck is massive. I think the 37s would probably be stuffed on a 5". I just don't want anything bigger than a 4-5" lift if I did one for work purposes. I guess I could decrank so the kit is more like a 4" & run 33s & then when I got 35s crank it up to the 5" if needed.

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Those 37s might measure 34.5. U could run those on stocks with crank. Or u could run the 20x9s and 33s with crank. The new ones have more fender room than the nnbs

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it really worth going with a cognito leveling package over just cranking?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Those 37s might measure 34.5. U could run those on stocks with crank. Or u could run the 20x9s and 33s with crank. The new ones have more fender room than the nnbs
My friends lmm dually has 37" Km2's that measure out to 34.5 lol shit sucks.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One thing keeping me from going with 37s is would I have to regear? Since the BFGs run small would I be ok?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about the 35s, but I feel like I would need to with the 37s. I'm sure it would be fine as far as power goes, but just don't want to stress anything out. I just don't know if even the 4-5" on 35s would be too big to work out of. Cognito level, UCAs, & shocks may be the best bet so I can still load & unload things every day.

Either like this leveled one:
2015level.jpg

Or with this zone 5" & 35s:
5inchZone.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts