GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I would like some feedback from those of you that have installed an HID kit in your 2015 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD truck. I personally want to install them do to wanting the best usable light "visually." From what I have read, it appears that the 4300k bulbs would be best. I sincerely appreciate your help and suggestions along with taking the time to do so. Thanks, Ray
1) What kit brand did you use?
2) Did you use 35w or 50-55w bulbs?
3) What bulb did you use, 4300k, 5000k, etc.?
4) Did you have to change your projectors due to them being designed for halogen bulbs?
5) Did you have to remove your headlight housings? If so, how difficult was it?
6) Did you have to drill out any new holes for bulbs, wiring, etc?
7) Was installation all plug and play with truck specific instructions?
8) Once installed, did you have any flickering issues?
9) What percentage of light do you think you gained over the stock bulbs?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Just to be fair, probably any input from any of the new Sierra guys would help I'm assuming, not just 2500HD Denalis. It's likely all the GMC's use the same projector headlight, just the upper levels come with the led lights.

·
Your Mom
130 Posts
SLT and Denalis have the same head lights iirc

·
GMFS Member
26 Posts
Hey Ray I used a DDM tuning kit and am very happy with the results. Its a 55w kit which fits right into the projector housing. I prefer the 8000k kit but that is purely preference. You do not have to remove the housing but I did drill one hole in the screw on access cover on the back of the headlight to allow the cord to be passed through. The kit came with a rubber grommet with sealed the hole. I opted for the entire DDM kit with relay harness and error code eliminator. Install time was about 45 minutes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just bought a 2015 Sierra All Terrain, has the same crappy headlights... Can't believe the factory fog lights seem to throw more light than the low beams.

I just ordered a set of 35watt 4500k HID's from DDM Tuning. I've always ran 35watt in my low beams, had one truck with 55watt when I bought it and they seemed to get really hot. Also were blinding in a stock housing with no projectors.

Like previously mentioned, buy the relay harness and error eliminators too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts