GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded my 2012 Crew Cab LT in for a 2015 Crew Cab LTZ. loved my old truck but that new body won me over.

I prefer the Z71 trim so I ordered the replacement set from a dealer on eBay. super quick arrival, perfect OE stuff.

Did the doors in about 15 minutes but cant seem to get the courage to go at the console insert...I lifted the console lid as the insert fits kinda on to it, figuring that's a good place to begin pulling it off.

Has anyone done this before and provide a tip or two..? I have a complete set of interior trim tools (plastic of course), but not real sure where to start.

Here's a pic of the 5th piece of the kit....of course the most difficult to do.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE - Ok....this was easier than the doors...kinda. Gotta have the right tools....which I do, including tiny flat head screwdrivers to push back the electronic set tabs.

Once I lightly pried up on the corners, under the console lid, the eyelet tabs popped. I knew I was on my way...then the rest of the unit basically just lifted out. I flipped it over to unplug all the inputs, USB, 110, etc. Then simply plugged them back in lowered it back in and the tabs clicked in perfectly.

I liked the other trim, but this I like much better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts