GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went last week and picked up a 2015 Yukon XL for my wife. So far we love it; it's leaps & bounds over the current model. We got just about every option except sunroof & adaptive cruise control which wasn't a big deal. There are so many new features that these new ones have that just make the driving experience a smoother, safer, & more enjoyable ride. Here's a few pictures that I took today.

143.jpg

144.jpg

145.jpg

146.jpg

Installed a set of the weathertech floor liners
147.jpg

The entire layout just makes so much more sense. Didn't think I would like the cooled seats & push button start & not having to use a key for anything so much.
148.jpg

The fold flat seats with a push of a button is so nice. It's nice not having to pull the entire seat out just to have more cargo room.
149.jpg

Here's a cool little storage spot that keeps stuff hidden; about perfect for the AR-15.
150.jpg

I like how they moved the rear wipers out of the weather. Will last longer & it looks a lot cleaner.
151.jpg

Here's a stupid little thing only parents of young ones can appreciate. Nice not to have to turn around or add another mirror to see what's going on in the back seat.
153.jpg

There's a couple other nice things like LED lights in the console & on all door handles, the rear HVAC can be controlled from the front now so you don't have to turn around to adjust it for the kids, & all of the blind spot/front & rear warnings that give you a heads up.

Besides the weathertech liners all I have done is tint the front windows. Plans are to add amp power steps, BB tune, 4" lift & wheel/tire combo when they all come available; looks like those things won't be out for a couple of months at least. Overall a very nice car though with more noticeable power & better gas mileage. Got 22 MPG on the 70 mile trip on the way home from the dealer.

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
that cargo area under the seats is pretty win.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments. Thinking about either color matching the chrome grille surround/grille & pockets for fog lights or replacing with a Denali grille. Any thoughts or just leave it stock?

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
looks fantastic man!! if/when i finally graduate and land my self a nice job, will be treating myself to this newest body style tahoe

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found two companies that make lifts for it so far; FTS & Fabtech. FTS makes a 7" & 10" while fabtech makes a 6". Got my hopes up & called fabtech & they said it will not fit the XL/suburban model unless you get a custom rear driveline made. Doesn't seem worth it & I think the 7" FTS will be too big as a daily driver for my wife. Also have a stupid question. I have the heavy duty trailering package, so it adds the premium smooth ride suspension with air leveler. Is this the same as autoride or not? Just need to make sure when I order the lift.

Here's a picture of the fabtech. First picture of a lifted one I've seen besides the 10" FTS kit I saw on a tahoe.
2015YukonLift.jpg

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did a little test fitting with my wheels and tires on the Yukon and raised it to where it would look like it has the 2.5" level up front & an 1 1/2" in the back. We were going to go with chrome or polished wheels, but after seeing this my wife want the BMF novakanes like I have. What do ya'll think? Level it right now & put this setup on, wait on a 4" lift to come out & do the same, or put the level on & then when a 4" comes out put it on. Should I switch back to a chrome wheel or stay with the black ones? Too many decisions & I'm tired of having a stock vehicle.
018.jpg

020.jpg

019.jpg

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
I vote black. Those novakanes look good

·
trucknut
412 Posts
Wow, these are the first pics of leveled/lifted ones I've seen, and they change the appearance a lot! They look great.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Another vote for the Novakane Death Metals. Love those things

·
Yuuuuuppppppp
1,055 Posts
these things are pretty fucking expensive. neighbor just got a new yukon... 65k.
Damn....thats more than my loaded 09 Duramax was. I even had rear DVD, nav, you name it.

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
i like everything about it. looks sick. but i hate the headlight and how they go back on the fender/hood... looks odd to me. still better then the tahoe though.

sick ride.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Nice ride! U must be a doctor or a lawyer lol. I would switch rims and leave everything else stock for awhile then make the decision after you have some miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Formerly TrucknGolf
2,183 Posts
What is adaptive cruise control?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What is adaptive cruise control?
It's an option that when you set your cruise control it will automatically slow down the vehicle when another car is detected in front of you so that you will stay at a safe distance & then speed you back up when it's clear

·
Formerly TrucknGolf
2,183 Posts
Interesting. Nice rig.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts