GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Looks almost to futuristic for me as of now Reminds me of a Rolls Royce Phantom or something.

Your rims and tires definitely gave it a whole new attitude.

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
looks really good but deff remind me of a hearse lol.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Please go with the Novakanes, that looks amazing.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Went to order the wheels & they're on backorder. Said they should have some in a couple of weeks though. I'm going to wait on the tires to see if the 295s rub; if they do then I'll have to order the 285/55 nitto trails instead of the toyo m/ts. After we get back from our trip I'll get everything ordered & put on. Hopefully Amp comes through with the steps pretty quick too.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I still dont understand how the rear wiper works

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I hated these at first but after seeing a few in the flesh they are really growing on me. I really dig the rear seat mirror, thats slick.

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
deff buy over a hoe, their headlights are goofy how they taper into the fenders.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Pretty baller, OP.
Thanks. I'm ready to see some progress on it. I am enjoying the great gas mileage without lift & bigger tires, but the trade off for the look is completely worth it.

I still dont understand how the rear wiper works
It's hard to explain, but I will take some pictures to show how it works.

I hated these at first but after seeing a few in the flesh they are really growing on me. I really dig the rear seat mirror, thats slick.
I was feeling the same way, but after driving one, we're so glad that we went with the '15 model over the '14s. All of these little things that they did made such a difference.

·
Registered
624 Posts
So 20x9 Novakanes are on national back order?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Your wife must be young. No way mine would ever drive something with a lift and M/Ts as a daily driver.

Looks good though. Also looks like features from minivans are starting to creep over into SUVs (rear HVAC controls in front, convex mirror).

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Your wife must be young. No way mine would ever drive something with a lift and M/Ts as a daily driver.

Looks good though. Also looks like features from minivans are starting to creep over into SUVs (rear HVAC controls in front, convex mirror).
She's 31 too. I got her into enjoying to customize her vehicles like me, so she doesn't like being in a stock looking vehicle. It's nice to have a wife that actually enjoys the same things as me.

I finally got the leveling kit on. We ended up going with a 2.5" front & 1.5" rear suspension maxx leveling kit. Seems like a good kit & the install wasn't bad. Here's a picture of it after the leveling kit installed:
022.jpg

Here's the before picture again just for reference:
145.jpg

Here's one of one with my wheels & tires again. Looks pretty much like the pictures I posted earlier where I was using jacks to guess what it would look like.
023.jpg

I was surprised that there was no rubbing with the 296/55 Toyo M/Ts. I did get it to rub a tiny bit at full lock when backing up down the driveway. Her BMF Novakanes will be here on Tuesday & then I will order the tires. Deciding between the 295/55 Toyo M/Ts or going down to a 285/55 Nitto Trail Grappler so there will be no rubbing no matter what.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thanks. Looking for more things to do to it now. Might color match the front, but still up in the air as to whether I will do that or put on a grille guard when they come out with one.

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
CM no grille guard

21 - 40 of 41 Posts