GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 2016 Silverado crew cab 2WD, just put in a McG kit that goes to 5/7, but installer said I would need tubular control arms if I wanted to go lower than 3 with the McG struts, saying my factory control arms would get in the way (I think). We flipped the leaf springs and installed the new hangers, but we didn’t go lower because he said I would need a c notch and a 2 piece drive shaft OR I would need to cut notches in the crossmembers. I know cutting would be the cheaper route, but would it vibrate the frame? I know it’ll hit when I go over bumps, but I don’t want to feel it when I’m driving.
Any input is appreciated.

·
New truck Same name
584 Posts
Yes. It’s actually 7” but he’s running Monroe air shocks with around 80psi in each which raised it up to around 6”. Rides good even with 4 adults in it (we are not and average sized family either lol).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. It’s actually 7” but he’s running Monroe air shocks with around 80psi in each which raised it up to around 6”. Rides good even with 4 adults in it (we are not and average sized family either lol).
Hey thank you the info. I think I’m gonna go ahead drop it more then 8) that’s a relief, I’m not ready to cut. Once it’s paid off I probably will.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts