GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a 2018 Silverado and I hate the headlights on my 2011 I had LED’s and I loved them. Is there anything I can do for these headlights? I know they have that crazy D5S bulbs didn’t know if they made an LED D5S bulb! Also looking for spots to mount a light bar. I can’t do the behind the grill one cause I have the active vents behind my grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
What level Silverado is your 2018. My 2018 LTZ has LED headlights and they are awesome.

·
Super Moderator
5,818 Posts
You can add the ltz headlight assemblies. With a special harness but costs $1500ish

No you can’t put leds in yours.

Morimoto makes a 35w replacement hid bulb for $350

Yes you can install a rc light bar behind the grill with shutters. There are a few write ups about it you just to trim some things.

Those are your options.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Actually have a friend selling the ltz grill and ltz headlights for 1300$ Plus shipping PM me if interested, see your actually close so we could just meet up for the 1300$

·
Registered
250 Posts
I actually bought these aswell to do the front end conversion from 2014 to the 2016-18 LTZ frontend this are my Ltz headlights and Ltz grill I bought very happy with price and for both

·
Super Moderator
5,818 Posts
All your exterior lights are not led. Unless you changed them. Even if you did your headlights are still hid, unless you were dumb enough to put a led bulb in there as well.

·
Registered
919 Posts
The only exterior LEDs on a '17 LT would be the foglights (if equipped) and DRLs. Front turn signals, headlights, tail lights, back up lights, third brake light, license plate lights are not. Exceptions would be any special editions, but even those aren't completely LED.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts