GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first time posting don’t beat me up to bad. I have searched and searched and can not find a solid answer. I have a 2” level not a 2.5” level. Can I fit a 285 65 r18 cooper stt pro with no rubbing? All answers I’ve located so far only show with a 2.5” level. Thanks in advance!

·
15 RCSB Z71
3,341 Posts
google: "285 65 18 level gm" it will give you a ton of hits, there's not a lot through this site or I'd just link you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, I have been searching and still can not get a definitive answer. Some ppl say it will rub slightly on the upper control arm and some say no rubbing and some say rubs but barely on the carpeted liner. I understand not all tires are true to size but I want to get a good idea before I fork over the cash for new tires. I believe my truck has the forged steel control arms but am not with it at the moment , wheels are factory 18” at +24 offset. Thanks for all the help

·
Super Moderator
5,435 Posts
You most likely have stamped steel control arms. They stopped with the forged ones a while back. And a little rubbing at full lock isn’t a big deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
‘16 Silverado CCSB, no lift/level, stock 18” wheels. Just put 275/70-18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W on. Zero rub or issues.

Still doing Bilstein 5100 with front level in spring, but zero issues currently.

·
Registered
10 Posts
‘16 Silverado CCSB, no lift/level, stock 18” wheels. Just put 275/70-18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W on. Zero rub or issues.

Still doing Bilstein 5100 with front level in spring, but zero issues currently.

Sharp looking truck! Those tires per Falken's site are 33.4" overall diameter and they fit with no rubbing, not even turning lock-to-lock or while the suspension travels up and down? Man that's fantastic! My '18 crew cab standard bed came with 17" wheels and I've been looking at putting 33s on it. I had a 2011 CC short bed and I pretty much had to level it to ensure 33s would clear on it. If I can get that tire in 285/70-17 (32.8" OD) on hopefully it would fit with no rubbing and no level. I have a cap on my truck and the weight of it takes a decent amount of rake away. But it looks good to me. Now you've got me thinking!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts