GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one today...

Whats the best programmer/chip for economy then towing full power? Is there a good one you can change it around for what you want that day?

2500hd max.. whats the best leveling kit? I hear its alittle more complicated to level and replacement parts are in order. Aint just pucks on the springs like a 1500 model....

Whats the best route to level it?

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
The new engines are locked out and takes a lot of $ to tune them.

And just torsion bar keys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,600 Posts
HP tuners is currently the only way to tune. The ecm has to be sent out to be unlocked($1700), then requires 10 credits($50/credit) from hp tuners, and their mpvi2 ($300) to tune the ECM, plus exhaust and the actual tunes. It costs 4k-6k to tune and delete them right now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HP tuners is currently the only way to tune. The ecm has to be sent out to be unlocked($1700), then requires 10 credits($50/credit) from hp tuners, and their mpvi2 ($300) to tune the ECM, plus exhaust and the actual tunes. It costs 4k-6k to tune and delete them right now.

F.u.c.k. T.H.A.T. I.D.E.A.

I didnt think about it being new and everything 10 times the price still. Looks like it aint getting tuned very soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I was told torsion keys only were not the correct way to do it. Correct way involved changing out a few other parts... control arms or something else...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I was told torsion keys only were not the correct way to do it. Correct way involved changing out a few other parts... control arms or something else...

·
Super Moderator
5,600 Posts
They really dont need to be tuned. Dad's 17 gets 19-21 mpg pretty consistently and has more power than is really necessary. It's easy to forget you are pulling a skid steer with it

·
Super Moderator
5,600 Posts
Cranking the keys is fine just dont get carried away. People freak out because some redneck their co worker's, best friend's, cousin, knew cranked them up all the way and it rode like shit. New ucas are a bandaid for over stretched suspension.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cranking the keys is fine just dont get carried away. People freak out because some redneck their co worker's, best friend's, cousin, knew cranked them up all the way and it rode like shit. New ucas are a bandaid for over stretched suspension.

I just looked at a leveled truck. The CV shafts were at a bad angle and boots were squished bad... really didnt look good.

Looks like the only real fix is a BDS or cognito 4 inch lift to keep all the same diminsions on everything. Just all pricy..

Supposely the cognito leveling kits fine, as long as you dont crank the keys as ll the way... 2 inches is fine, but more than that it starts putting stress on everything else.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I just looked at a leveled truck. The CV shafts were at a bad angle and boots were squished bad... really didnt look good.

Looks like the only real fix is a BDS or cognito 4 inch lift to keep all the same diminsions on everything. Just all pricy..

Supposely the cognito leveling kits fine, as long as you dont crank the keys as ll the way... 2 inches is fine, but more than that it starts putting stress on everything else.

·
Super Moderator
5,600 Posts
Crank the front 1.5-2" and throw 1" drop shackles in the rear.

·
n. fil-dert.
7,009 Posts
Leveling kit is a leveling kit. Your truck doesn't know who made it or how much they charged, they all do the same thing. If you are going through the trouble of lowering diff/swapping arms then just get a small lift.

Agreed with numbnuts, LOL at spending that much on a truck and cheaping out on mods.

·
Team B.E.E.F hoody hoo
148 Posts
Leveled my 18 with 3", added uca and fox racing shocks. Rides stiffer then stock but I love how it rides

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,775 Posts
They really dont need to be tuned. Dad's 17 gets 19-21 mpg pretty consistently and has more power than is really necessary. It's easy to forget you are pulling a skid steer with it

They dont but it's so much more awesome deleted. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts