395 Posts
Mopars =

Most
Of
Parts
Are
Raggedy
Shit

Lol nah I'm just kidding I've always liked the srt8 Cherokee. I've always just been a Chevrolet guy but now that you can't get a rcsb my next purchase will probably be ford or dodge.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Sportbar aficionado.
66 Posts
This 14 is quite a bit bigger than the 99 I had, not sure what year yours was.
It's unibody. How much bigger can it be? The Durango is bigger than the Grand Cherokee, is unibody, and is still smaller than a Tahoe.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Sportbar aficionado.
66 Posts
Mopars =

Most
Of
Parts
Are
Raggedy
Shit

Lol nah I'm just kidding I've always liked the srt8 Cherokee. I've always just been a Chevrolet guy but now that you can't get a rcsb my next purchase will probably be ford or dodge.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Move
Over
People
Are
Racing

It's still a better acronym than...

Cracked
Head
Every
Valve
Rattles
Oil
Leaks
Every
Time

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Like said, most new cars are horrible for reliability.After working at a GM dealer in parts Ive noticed The midsize GM suvs wear out rear toe links like crazy every couple thousand miles. 14+ trucks with the AFM dont last at all. I'd say 3 out of 5 trade in trucks need cam and lifters or a motor. They rarely make it to 70k miles here without having them done once. They blow oil cooler lines like no tomorrow. The Canyons and Colorado oil cooler lines are worse as they'll burst and grenade engines all the time. If I buy a newer GM first thing I'd do is a DOD delete and get custom cooler lines made from a hydraulic shop and a tune. Then It would be fairly reliable

·
Sportbar aficionado.
66 Posts
Like said, most new cars are horrible for reliability.After working at a GM dealer in parts Ive noticed The midsize GM suvs wear out rear toe links like crazy every couple thousand miles. 14+ trucks with the AFM dont last at all. I'd say 3 out of 5 trade in trucks need cam and lifters or a motor. They rarely make it to 70k miles here without having them done once. They blow oil cooler lines like no tomorrow. The Canyons and Colorado oil cooler lines are worse as they'll burst and grenade engines all the time. If I buy a newer GM first thing I'd do is a DOD delete and get custom cooler lines made from a hydraulic shop and a tune. Then It would be fairly reliable
DOD from as early as 2007 sucks. I had a 2007 Tahoe with DOD. I was driving from Salt Lake City to Chicago in 2012 after attending a funeral. I had my wife and 2 year old son with me. I got off the freeway in Laramie, WY for gas and dinner. Drove through town, got on the freeway, never had an indication that anything was wrong. Set the cruise, and thought everything was fine. I got into the canyon going to Cheyenne, the truck kicked down 2 gears and then the engine blew. 98,XXX miles, but out of warranty by 6 months due to age of the vehicle. I ended up buying a 2012 Malibu and cramming my family into it to finish the trip. I hated that car. The whole situation set me back 8 years financially since I bought the Tahoe used only 18 months prior. I rolled $10,000 negative equity into the deal to purchase the Malibu. The Trail Boss I'm picking up in the morning is my return to having what I want instead of settling.

I decided to buy a GM truck again because what I've read indicates things that lead to my engine failure may be different now. Hopefully I'm not wrong.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
I know how far back DOD goes, All im saying is it got worse in the LTx engines (14+)

Reactions: eand28

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Check out the rams, there dropping lifters well before 25k.

Reactions: eand28

·
Super Moderator
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,190
Yeah Chrysler DOD sucks just as bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Yeah Chrysler DOD sucks just as bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh for sure, almost every newer ram thats been traded in needs an engine too lol

Reactions: ferraiolo1

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
It's unibody. How much bigger can it be? The Durango is bigger than the Grand Cherokee, is unibody, and is still smaller than a Tahoe.

2014 GC - 190-191″ L x 77″ W x 69″ H
1999 GC - 182″ L x 72″ W x 69″ H
2016 Yukon - 204″ L x 81″ W x 74″ H

Looks like it can be 8-9" longer and 5" wider which is pretty significant but I am sure interior configuration helps too. Looking a comparison on car and driver they report the GC as 38.6" of 2nd row leg room and the Yukon at 39" so basically the same. It may be the configuration of the interior that makes it appear a little bigger. Rear doors are way better on the Yukon as the opening is larger so there is that.

·
n. fil-dert.
7,019 Posts
DOD from as early as 2007 sucks. I had a 2007 Tahoe with DOD. I was driving from Salt Lake City to Chicago in 2012 after attending a funeral. I had my wife and 2 year old son with me. I got off the freeway in Laramie, WY for gas and dinner. Drove through town, got on the freeway, never had an indication that anything was wrong. Set the cruise, and thought everything was fine. I got into the canyon going to Cheyenne, the truck kicked down 2 gears and then the engine blew. 98,XXX miles, but out of warranty by 6 months due to age of the vehicle. I ended up buying a 2012 Malibu and cramming my family into it to finish the trip. I hated that car. The whole situation set me back 8 years financially since I bought the Tahoe used only 18 months prior. I rolled $10,000 negative equity into the deal to purchase the Malibu. The Trail Boss I'm picking up in the morning is my return to having what I want instead of settling.

I decided to buy a GM truck again because what I've read indicates things that lead to my engine failure may be different now. Hopefully I'm not wrong.

I turned it off on my '18. The Range FM plug in is relatively cheap for peace of mind and I noticed no significant drop in mpg.

Reactions: benz88 and eand28

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I went diesel after the 6.2 grenaded. Only issue I’ve seen from friends is a turbo goin out later but that gives me a chance to upgrade to a cheetah 😎. New valve body for trans and hopefully roll out like that

Reactions: heysoos and KennyR
3181 - 3200 of 3209 Posts