Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toyo Open Country AT3

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum. Recently purchased 21 AT4 with 6.2L. Swapped stock 18" wheels and Duratrac tires out for 20" Fuel Wheels and stock 275/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Spend most of time on hwy. Over 400 mile trip, at high speeds floats a little. Looking at switching to Toyo Open Country AT3 or Bridgestone Revo AT3. Want the aggressive sidewall but need good highway ride, quiet, and handling. Nitto checks 1.5 of these boxes.
Open to other ideas, experiences. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
also have the AT3. A little louder than you'd expect IMO, I'd even argue the ridge grapplers are quieter. Ride quality is to be expected out of E rated tire. I'm running 285/55r22

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At3s are great tires. I’ve had two sets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. The Toyos or the Bridgestone?
also have the AT3. A little louder than you'd expect IMO, I'd even argue the ridge grapplers are quieter. Ride quality is to be expected out of E rated tire. I'm running 285/55r22
Thanks. Assuming you are talking about the Toyo AT3s? How do they handle on the highway? Have you run the RG before?

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Thanks. Assuming you are talking about the Toyo AT3s? How do they handle on the highway? Have you run the RG before?
Yes, toyo at3

Hwy ride is fine, wet traction is good - TX so no snow, but snow rated.
BIL has 35/22 ridge grapplers with 10-12k on them, they are on par with at3 for noise and comfort. Like mentioned, they may even be quieter than my AT3s

·
Super Moderator
6,274 Posts
Yes the Toyos. falken at3ws are also another good option, both do well in the snow and offroad, with good road manners.

·
Some dude on the internet
964 Posts
Another vote on the Falken AT3. I have a couple thousand miles on a set and they’re great. Good price too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, toyo at3 View attachment 872916
Hwy ride is fine, wet traction is good - TX so no snow, but snow rated.
BIL has 35/22 ridge grapplers with 10-12k on them, they are on par with at3 for noise and comfort. Like mentioned, they may even be quieter than my AT3s
Thanks. In Texas too, and am most concerned about the handling on the HWY, particularly above 70mph and then 80mph on the toll road.

·
Some dude on the internet
964 Posts
I had Toyo AT3s on my F250 and the Falkens on my Chevy, both did/do great on the highway (N TX toll roads also).

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Ive got the Falken At3w on my 12. Ive ran them from Febuary 2016 before they were released to the public( worked at a distributor). Im right around 50k miles on them and tons of tread left. Great on the highway, snow and mud, Good on gravel too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts