GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into a set of 20" rims for the summer monthes and I can get a smoking deal on a set of brand new KMC d-back rims. But they are 20x10 with -25 offset so they will stick out some. I have a set of 275/60/20 tires so I just need some rims.

You guys that have this set up can you post some pictures.

Plus I don't know if I want the chrome ones or the black with machined lip.

·
Where's the van?!?!?!
636 Posts
a 10" wide wheel with 4.5" backspace would look horrible IMO.

They will stick out 2.25" FURTHER than mine:

Denali5.jpg

ATZs001.jpg

I feel your pain thought... it seems like we're extremely limited in wheel options with these trucks. Most aftermarket truck wheels are manufactured with negative offsets... we need to stay on the positive side

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason I am looking at them is because I can get them brand new shipped to my door for $250 for the whole set!!!

·
Low Life ↓
4,485 Posts
just do it man! you fucked up by posting the price your gonnaa get them for though...i woulda bought and resold em!

·
Where's the van?!?!?!
636 Posts
....... well then buy them... and then sell them for $800 and put that extra cash into a set of wheels that'll fit the truck better

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
them rims are ugly as fuck, i'd roll the stockers before those kmc wheels

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am highly thinking about it but if I like them I would run them for a while if they fit until I find something else I like and then sell them for a profit.

But the question is do I go with chrome or do I get black with machined lip.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chrome :imo
I am also thing about that also but I know the black with be easier to keep clean and less time polishing. This is the main reason I haven't gotten new rims yet because I like the stockers and all I have to do is hose them off and they are clean.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you saw the picture with the simulated bead lock on it. It can be removed and I would remove them for sure. They look get without them but with them I am not a fan like you guys say.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
20x10 with 4.5" BS and 2" spacers

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
these are 20x10 with 5" backspace

3.jpg

I wouldn't go more than that, I had to take some metal off of mine to fit 275/60's

also the chrome isn't too bad to keep clean, I just bought the powerball, took about 2 mins a wheel and i could shave in them now

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
Wills truck has 4.5 bs
100_3543.jpg

100_3542.jpg

Tucked wheels :imo are for 2wds, lifted trucks look much better when the tire sticks out but thats just me :shrug:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Tucked wheels :imo are for 2wds, lifted trucks look much better when the tire sticks out but thats just me :shrug:
agreed thats why I finally decided i wasn't going to do anything wheels/tires wise til i could afford new rims, there isn't much change looks wise when you run stock wheels unless you go really big on the tires.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
these are 20x10 with 5" backspace

I wouldn't go more than that, I had to take some metal off of mine to fit 275/60's

also the chrome isn't too bad to keep clean, I just bought the powerball, took about 2 mins a wheel and i could shave in them now
I shouldn't have to take any metal off since I have a little more lift than you.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
well what size tires are you planning on running? you have an inch more of lift based on your sig. What are your fenders measurements?

I raised my truck up so the fenders were about 1.5" higher then i turned my tires, they just BARELY cleared, which Is why i decided to just trim the fender instead of buying the body lift.

Also, guys with 6" lifts are rubbing with 33" tires on the x10 and 4.5" backspace wheels.

Id try to find someone on the forum with that set up, ask them what they had to trim, and base your tire size off that.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
right now I am sitting at 41.5 front and 42 rear. and I will be running 275/60/20 tire.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts