GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for you cen-cal guys running 20x12 -44 on 33x12.50 tires...are you guys able to air down without losing a bead?

A lot of tire shops say that they won't mount a 12" wide wheel to a 12.50 tire, but I found one place near me that said they would do it and I should be fine running down the road. I know that's what most of you guys run and you all seem to be holding up fine.

The only reason I would need to air down my tires would be to go to the dunes.

What are your guys' thoughts on airing down? I've tried a couple of searches and was unsuccessful.

·
Registered
689 Posts
33x12.5 on 20x12 isn't really stretched IMO I'm sure someone running this setup will chime in but I don't think you'll have much issues airing down

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
33x12.5 on 20x12 isn't really stretched IMO I'm sure someone running this setup will chime in but I don't think you'll have much issues airing down
Yeah, I've seen tons of guys on this site running that setup and I think it looks awesome.

Some of the shops wouldn't even bother with me because toyo's approved wheel width on their 33x12.50 is 11".

I did some reading on some other forums and some guys said that the set up would be fine as long as you don't air down...but I'm certain some of the cen cal guys here hit the beaches with their 20x12s and 33x12.50s.

Sweet truck by the way.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
they all definitely hit the doonz with their stretched wheels n tars. I've seen pictures of 33x12.5x22 on a 22x14 on the beach so i'm assuming he aired down safely

but i'm sure a cali guy will comment. post up in the cen-cal thread if this one doesnt get much attention

1 - 5 of 5 Posts