GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the deal with these? My buddy works at a Chevy dealership and has access to them but said he doesn't want to get me them because there "thin metal". How safe are these

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
theyre fine...theyre actually very heavy

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
they look tits if ur dropped

·
Registered
3,927 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
he can probably get the oems cheaper :slap:

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Don't use them you'll die

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
I saw these have a sticker on them that state "Transport only"....There has to be a reason why imo. I wouldn't trust them on my heavy ccsb for daily use.

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Get some calipers on them if you're worried about it. measure and compare to another steel wheel.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Fair Enough. Transit Wheels are hard to find though.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Transit wheels are not hard to get if you know people

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Seen some on Mautofied too. There was a local set here on CL for about $500 awhile back I wish I would have got them then. I would take a set now, although I have the Tahoe Police Wheel look going on and I dig it :)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I saw these have a sticker on them that state "Transport only"....There has to be a reason why imo. I wouldn't trust them on my heavy ccsb for daily use.
Sure does make you wonder huh .. that's why I went with the Tahoe style PD wheel as my spares. I built them off that platform instead of picking up the 22" steelie

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Probably not DOT approved and therefore not road legal. Could be unsafe or they could have spent all their money on recalls instead of certifying the wheel for road use.

What is the purpose of the transport wheels? Do they use the same ones over and over or are they supposed to be destroyed when the car is delivered?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Probably not DOT approved and therefore not road legal. Could be unsafe or they could have spent all their money on recalls instead of certifying the wheel for road use.

What is the purpose of the transport wheels? Do they use the same ones over and over or are they supposed to be destroyed when the car is delivered?
Supposedly from what I know the transit wheels are suppose to be turned back in by the dealership to GM for a credit so it is interesting to find them out and about. They are used for "trasport" of the high end vehicles that come with the premium wheel package like on the Tahoe, Escalade, Denali, etc:

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Supposedly from what I know the transit wheels are suppose to be turned back in by the dealership to GM for a credit so it is interesting to find them out and about. They are used for "trasport" of the high end vehicles that come with the premium wheel package like on the Tahoe, Escalade, Denali, etc:
Well Apperantly my buddy can can me some. How many sets I don't know

1 - 20 of 35 Posts