GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what a rough estimate would be to have an electrician come out and install a 220 outlet in a garage would be?

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
I don't know but I did mine myself. I just bought a book from Home Depot on how to wire just to make sure I was doing it correctly. You many check that out and see what it tells you.

·
Registered
601 Posts
It's not too hard, you might want to look into doign it yourself. I think around here electricians are about $150/hr. in this area. It also really depends how far from the box you are going to how expensive it will be. My box is in the garage, so my 220V run is 9 feet long. The longer the run the longer to pull the cable.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Depending on the length of run and if conduit has to be used or not and if there are open slots in the panel it would run about $450 from me. If it's more than about 15 feet of run and I have to add a sub panel and all that crap it will quickly go to about $1000 :insane:

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its not going very far, the electrical box is on an outside wall of the house and the plug just needs to go on the inside of that wall.

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called and got one estimate from a shop, he said $75, but I don’t think he knew exactly what I was talking about. Now I'm waiting for another place to call back with a price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts