GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what people thought of doing a 228r with a 112 lsa. It will be going in a 07 classic silverado with a 4.8l. Is it to big or be good.

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
depends on other mods and if you are running a stock converter or not

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
you are gonna need atleast a 3600 stall with the 4.8 and 228 112 cam

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Shouldnt run that cam on stock springs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to do springs push rods long tubes and converter. I just drive it Dailey. Didn't know how it would respond.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
whats the rest of the specs on the truck? 2wd?4? reg cab etc.....
that will help us help you with this setup

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Do you tow?

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Well the 228R will be fun damn cam to have as long as you put in a higher stall like greensierra suggested. Lucky for you the 2wd trans isn't difficult to pull.

·
4,725 Posts
Id pick a newer lobe design and a more useful split/lsa

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you still want a useful truck after the cam install, I wouldn't run anything larger than a 3200 stall converter. Gas mileage will suffer and towing capacities will be depleted.
I'd recommend a Precision Industries 2800 10.5" multi disc lock up converter. You should still be able to stall flash up to around 3200 rpms with that stall. Select a cam around your components and the use of the truck. If it will be your DD truck, I would keep the stall at 2800. If willing to sacrifice a few things, 3200. After that, track truck.... good luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What cam would you recommend then I'm willing to trade or sell this cam for a better selection for truck. It is my daily driver so want it to work right.

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
224R imo...........

1 - 20 of 28 Posts