Discussion Starter #1
My trasmission goes out again.....:gayfight:

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Well gears would help alot. i know with my old 3.42's the TC would unlock alot on grades and little headwinds. now with 4.56's its smooth sailing. either you need gears or getting a crappy trans.

·
R.I.P.
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well ive had 4.56s for the last 15k miles so i dont think thats the prob. It must have just blown out the front and rear seal. i didnt even know anything was wrong till i got to my friends house and there was a trial of fluid behind me, and underneth was a big puddle of fluid. i still have reverse and all forward gears. so hopfully this time wont be as expensive...

this is my 3rd gm vehicle and my 4th fucking 4l60e :pow:

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
Well ive had 4.56s for the last 15k miles so i dont think thats the prob. It must have just blown out the front and rear seal. i didnt even know anything was wrong till i got to my friends house and there was a trial of fluid behind me, and underneth was a big puddle of fluid. i still have reverse and all forward gears. so hopfully this time wont be as expensive...

this is my 3rd gm vehicle and my 4th fucking 4l60e :pow:
If your signature doesn't say you have gears then you don't. This is the internet you have to list everything in your sig like me :gayfight: or someone else will call you out on it.

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
instead of wasiting money on more 60E's, why dont you swap to the 80E?

·
R.I.P.
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
instead of wasiting money on more 60E's, why dont you swap to the 80E?
Dont think i want to spend that much more on the truck...

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
They have places that buils 60es to handle some shit, rebuilding with a transgo kit helps, servos help, lots of little things can help the 60e

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
You're rebuild isn't warrantied for like 36k for material/installation defect?

·
Registered
138 Posts
4 4L60Es?? how hard are you on your trannies????

·
R.I.P.
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my current transmission is built nothing is stock. But this time its getting an external cooler.

warranty on my lifted truck with a built tanny was 1year/12k miles.

No, im not hard on them.....lol one went out in my trans am one in my z28 and second one in my truck.

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
I would get a built 60E from a place that will warranty it for longer than that. I've read that people are supposedly building them to handle 600hp with aftermarket parts, so it shouldn't be hard to get one built with more beef than a stocker or generic rebuild.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
i find it funny it does not have an external cooler. my 96 has an in radiator cooler and a factory external cooler.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
So your running NO tranni cooler other than the pos that routes through the bottom of the radiator?

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
I would get a big tranny cooler and go from there.

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
I would get a big tranny cooler and go from there.
and then some 44's! just kiddin man

whats your drivin like to be killing a rebuilt tranny in just 22K miles?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts