GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
01GMC said:
What do you do for the front there captin?
:crazy:
SFA it then narrow it :read:

Seriously though...Downfall is running 22x10's on his. I'm sure he'll chime in soon. I'm almost positive its 7.5" though

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
01GMC said:
What do you do for the front there captin?
:crazy:

Are you wanting to run 22"x10"s all the way around?

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
honestly, you can get way with anything around 7" on your truck

i'm running 9.5's on 5.2 backspacing and I could probably bag it.

If i were you, i'd try and find a 22x9 or a 9.5, since most of your rubbing issues are gunna be on the inner fenders up front, not from tucking them.

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
:rocking: startin to :drool: over 22's on all these bagged rides :rocking:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Rob, go 22x8.5 front and 22x10 out back it will make life easier if your still wanting to body drop. I think 7" is the correct BS for 22x10 out back.

·
"TWSTD HD"
297 Posts
With 7" you'll rub the innner fender I believe. I think Bryan told me 7.25 or 7.5. A buddy of mine has 7" and he burns the paint on his fender when aired out to low and cruisin'.

·
"TWSTD HD"
297 Posts
grounded said:
Well,this isn't the first time I've been wrong. :anitoof:
Dude, you could be right on. I don't think any of the rear-ends of thses trucks sit the same! Most seem to sit off the the Passengerside but, I seen some that sit off to the Driverside. You didn't go wrong with the set-up on your truck!!!! Those back wheels are :rocking: ....I've looking for some Pinstriping Ideas similar to what you have on the back of yours. If you have any ideas/suggestions send my way!!!

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I had to roll my fenderlips because of rubbing when all the way down in the back. I have 20x8 with 5" of backspacing. So 22x10 with 7" of backspacing would make the edge of the wheel sit roughly in the same place plus you have to consider a 22" tire is bigger than what i'm running (27.7 overall diameter). If I had an extra half inch of backspace I would have absolutely no rubbing issues at all with stock fenderlips. Now that i've rolled mine i'm fine, but I doubt Rob wants to mess with his fenderlips and beautiful paint so 7.5" of backspace would be safest :imo

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Smokinrice said:
Dude, you could be right on. I don't think any of the rear-ends of thses trucks sit the same! Most seem to sit off the the Passengerside but, I seen some that sit off to the Driverside. You didn't go wrong with the set-up on your truck!!!! Those back wheels are :rocking: ....I've looking for some Pinstriping Ideas similar to what you have on the back of yours. If you have any ideas/suggestions send my way!!!
I got a lot of ideas from www.gotpaint.com pinstripe section, but than I decided to leave it up to my painter. The only input i gave was I wanted a devil head in the stripe work.

I might still have some of the stuff I came up with, but i think most of it ended up in the trash 'cause it sucked.:LOL:

·
Registered
299 Posts
kinda of have a slight mod to the question? what would the diff be if goin 22 on an obs as far as offset and backspacing

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
grounded said:
I got a lot of ideas from www.gotpaint.com pinstripe section, but than I decided to leave it up to my painter. The only input i gave was I wanted a devil head in the stripe work.

I might still have some of the stuff I came up with, but i think most of it ended up in the trash 'cause it sucked.:LOL:
Kal Koncepts owns!!!!:head::rocking:

·
Registered
559 Posts
I wish I could remember the b/s on my 22's, they are 22x9.5 chrome with no particular b/s and they tuck like a champ, I had to cut out that inner lip pf my rear fenders but still is not much of a price to pay for the wheels. Im guessing the 22's u want are billet right?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Chris99GMC said:
honestly, you can get way with anything around 7" on your truck

i'm running 9.5's on 5.2 backspacing and I could probably bag it.

If i were you, i'd try and find a 22x9 or a 9.5, since most of your rubbing issues are gunna be on the inner fenders up front, not from tucking them.
dude if I could get mine to tuck you should have no prob with yours if u plan to bag it

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
BouncinsoulAFI said:
kinda of have a slight mod to the question? what would the diff be if goin 22 on an obs as far as offset and backspacing
From my experience, the least amount of backspacing you can run on a 8.5" wheel is 5.25". I have that much, and it's very close up front. I cut the front lips to make it work.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.