GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 08 silverado and am wanting to get the black rockstars with the aggressive offset, its the only way i think the rockstars look good, but the wheels are 22X12 with 4.77 backspacing or -44 offset per the wheel pros website. i am just wondering if you guys think these wheels would fit right on the truck? i have a leveling kit on it and am just going to be running some 305/40/22 tires. i appreciate any information.

·
Pro Installz
1,047 Posts
Which leveling kit and how much trimming are you willing to do?
Also where are you getting the wheels? We are close and get you great pricing.

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
Good luck. I have x10 wheels with 4.5" backspacing and still rub after all plastic was trimmed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have the rough country leveling kit and i don't mind triming as long as it isn't metal, i have already removed the lower valence on the front bumper but i haven't gotten a price yet on anything, i have looked online and i can get the wheels for 1200 and the tires for 700, so roughly 1600 shipped. if you can come close to that price i wouldn't mind getting them, but sales tax is a bitch. they also come in the 9.5" but i don't think the rockstars have the sunken in face on the 9.5" like they do on the 12" wheels. i might wait until i lift my truck to get them if i can't get them on there with just a leveling kit and then throw some 33's on there with them.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
i have the rough country leveling kit and i don't mind triming as long as it isn't metal, i have already removed the lower valence on the front bumper but i haven't gotten a price yet on anything, i have looked online and i can get the wheels for 1200 and the tires for 700, so roughly 1600 shipped. if you can come close to that price i wouldn't mind getting them, but sales tax is a bitch. they also come in the 9.5" but i don't think the rockstars have the sunken in face on the 9.5" like they do on the 12" wheels. i might wait until i lift my truck to get them if i can't get them on there with just a leveling kit and then throw some 33's on there with them.
1200+700=1900 where im from? i dunno how you got 1600 shipped:think:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea my bad on that one. it was late when i wrote that last night, apparently my math wasn't working right....but yea $1900 shipped.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Thats going to look ridiculous. :imo

The truck is going to look like its lowered once you get the wheels sticking out that far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm new to the whole offset thing and backspacing thing, so what do you mean by its gonna look lowered and how far out are we talking about the wheels sticking out from the fenders, i def don't want it looking like an old skool with skate board rims on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts