GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading on this forum for about 6 months plus. I have no experience with lifting a truck besides a simple leveling kit.

I was wondering what it would take to lift my 08 Silverado and fit 22x14 moto metal 962 with 33 inch tires not 35s.

I really think superlift makes nice kits either the 8 inch lift or the 6. I like that they offer replacement rear leaf springs instead of blocks and that they offer bilstein shocks.

I want to get either the superlift 6 inch or 8 inch kit with 22x14 moto metal 962 on 33s.

Will either of these kits work?

Thanks a ton!

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Superlift 8" set at bottom height, 3" BL. install.

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
The Superlift 8" looks like a nice kit for a good price.. I never had any problems with my 6".

You could run that with a 1" TGC lower leveling kit and that would clear it fine. Or if you want flatter angles you could do just the 8" with a 1.25" RCX body lift. Or you could do both.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/1121104-Pickup-Front-Leveling-Spacer/dp/B00BIRNGOQ/ref=au_as_r?ie=UTF8&Make=Chevrolet%7C47&Model=Silverado%201500%7C491&Year=2008%7C2008&carId=001&n=15684181&newCar=1&s=automotive&vehicleType=automotive[/ame]

This is the spacer kit I would want correct?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Im running 7" in the front and 20x12's with 33x12.5's... I had to remove the valance and trim a bit off the corners of the bumpers and pull the driver side fender liner forward. with x14's I think 10" lift minimum in the front.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
I abuse drugs.
3,327 Posts
If I get the 8 inch superlift kit with a 1 inch spacer in the front could I fit 22x14s on 35s or just 33s or is JD right and I need a 10 inch lift to fit 22x14s? The front plastic valance was ripped off when I was off-roading 6 years ago lol and I would never put it back on
yeah you could fit that on 35's with what you listed. I believe "Colton." ran FTS with a spacer or something with crank and that wheel setup. Be prepared to trim

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bruce your truck is my favorite lifted truck on here!

Would the superlift 8 and a 1.25 body lift work for 22x14 on 35s? Why does everyone go with FTS and where do you guys think I can get a good price? I see you guys use adjustable 7-9 inch shocks, why?

Thanks for all the info you guys rock!

·
I abuse drugs.
3,327 Posts
Bruce your truck is my favorite lifted truck on here!

Would the superlift 8 and a 1.25 body lift work for 22x14 on 35s? Why does everyone go with FTS and where do you guys think I can get a good price? I see you guys use adjustable 7-9 inch shocks, why?

Thanks for all the info you guys rock!
Yes….he just showed you a pic of the same numerical setup.

The adjustables are wonderful alternatives for those who want a better ride, as well as extra lift without dropping 2K on coil overs. People buy FTS because of the good deal they get, and it's an all around good kit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts